To Moon or not to Moon (Part 1)
Is the Moon really in charge of the scriptural month?
Question: Which scriptural month? (There are two of them!)
- Which month is the moon in charge of?
That is a good question!
It deserves an answer from Scripture.
- The truth is: YaHuWaH’s moon is in charge of ‘a’ month – but is it a ‘calendar’ month?!
- Is the moon in charge of YaHuWaH’s Way, the Worship Cycles which utilize His ‘set-apart 30 day month’ and also aligns magnificently with His annual worship statutes?
- The search in this study is to determine if H3394 ‘moon month’ is related to YaHuWaH’s set-apart Feasts and Festival Cycles.
- All comments about the moon commencing ‘any’ month will be intentionally compared to YaHuWaH’s ‘set-apart celestially coordinated months’ for HIS worship statutes.
- For H3391 the ‘moon month’ will be discussed at length.
Scripture will describe the moon’s mandate.
The Mandate of the Moon in a few minutes??
- An official order or commission to do something.
- Synonyms: instruction, directive, decree, command, order, charge, formal ordinance.
In a few minutes, you can discover the moon is not in charge of YaHuWaH’s set-apart month with a simple examination in the Torah.
However, you may not know how to explain Psalms 104:19 –
“He appointed the moon for seasons…”
There is a hidden Torah secret – The moon is NOT in charge of set-apart months!
The moon is under other divine mandates!
How many have been taught…Torah! Torah! Torah!
The foundation of all Scriptural truths must be found in the Torah?!
Have you heard this?
“Today it is no longer: Torah! Torah! Torah!”
To the Torah [H8451] and to the witness! [H8584] If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because they have no daybreak [light]. Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 8:20
In other words, the Torah is not complete for the full calendar study; one definitely has to look outside of the Torah to find the pure truth for the calendar! Really?
Could it be true that the Torah is deficient?
To the Torah [H8451] and to the witness! [H8584] If they do not speak according to this Word [Is that Torah? Or witness?]…
- Torah H8451; law; from H3384; a precept or statute, especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch.
- Witness H8584; testimony; te’uwdah; from H5749; attestation, i.e. a precept [H6673 – Isa 28:10, 13]
- H5749; ‘uwd; a primitive root; to duplicate or repeat; by implication, to protest, testify (as by reiteration); intensively, to encompass, restore (as a sort of reduplication): KJV – admonish, charge, earnestly, lift up, protest, call (take) to record, relieve, rob, solemnly, stand upright, testify, give warning, (bear, call to, give, take to) witness.
- Precept H6673 – Isa 28 context – the Word of YaHuWaH; a divine commandment; H4687 – a command whether divine or human
The H8584 ‘testimonies’ outside of Torah must INTENSIVELY:
- Duplicate or repeat the Torah
- Reiterate the Torah
- Restore the Torah
- Encompass the Torah
- Admonish the Torah
- Lift up the Torah
- Testify of the Torah
- Stand upright with the Torah
- Give warning with the Torah
- Be a witness of the Torah
To the Torah [H8451] and to the witness! [H8584] If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because they have no daybreak [light]. Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 8:20
‘Light’ of Isa 8:20 “…they have no light [H7837]”
- Light (Gen 1:3) H216; awr; from H215; illumination or (concrete) luminary.
Now compare this ‘light’ definition to the ‘light’ definition of Isa 8:20:
- Light (Isa 8:20) H7837; shachar; from H7836; DAWN (literal, figurative or adverbial): KJV – day (-spring), early, light, morning, whence riseth.
Does Isaiah have a special message for us?
For the ‘moon component’ in the Eternal Calendar study, don’t let anyone tell you that you have to go outside of Torah to find the true calendar! It absolutely is not true!
Warning – Is the ‘sheep’ really a ‘wolf’?
Day-start in The Torah
Other witnesses are:
- Gen 1 – Creation Week
- Gen 15 – Abram’s Covenant
- Gen 19 – Lot and his daughters
- Gen 31 – Jacob and Laban
- Exo 10 – Locust Plague
- Exo 12 – Passover in Egypt
- Exo 12 – Unleavened Bread Week
- Exo 14 – Red Sea Crossing
- Exo 16 – Quail and Manna
- Exo 19/20 – Shavuot/Pentecost at Mt Sinai
- Lev 7 – Peace/Thank Offerings
- Lev 23 – Day of Atonement
A total of 12 witnesses!
Day-start in The Prophets And The Writings
Fifteen non-Torah witnesses in the Tanakh:
- Joshua 3-5
- Judges 6 and 20
- 1 Samuel 5, 9, 14, 19, 28, 30
- 2 Kings 7
- 2 Chron 35
A total of 27 witnesses!
Remember: the 15 witnesses in the prophets and the writings have to agree with the Torah witnesses.
Festal Year-start in Torah
- Exo 34:22 Civil ‘year-start’ is linked to the autumnal equinox along with the Feast of Ingathering.
- Festal ‘year-start’ is linked to the spring equinox (or tequfah [H8622] in the Torah.
- Exo 12:2 Passover was in the first month of the year.
- Exo 9:31 This was the time of the year the barley and flax were smitten – the springtime.
(Note: Festal year-start and month-start are linked)
Because there are 10 witnesses for the Day-start in the Torah verses, would it not seem reasonable to find at least 2-3 witnesses for ‘a set-apart’ moon/month start in the Torah as well?
Is it even reasonable to expect to find at least 2-3 witnesses in all five Torah books for a moon/month?
Do the Scriptures allow for the option to establish a sacred moon/month from ONLY the prophets and the writings?
What to expect from this Study:
The full study on the moon component of the Eternal Calendar will prove beyond a shadow of any doubt the moon is not part of YaHuWaH’s sacred calendar.
Everything that can be considered will be considered in full.
Were the Patriarchs, Prophets, and Kings Torah Teachers or were they teaching laws from the prophets and the writings?
What is a non-Torah book for Tanakh Teachers?
In the comprehensive study on the moon: We will investigate twelve Great Leaders around the twenty ‘new moon’ verses to see if they taught from Moses’ Torah or other books!
Some claim YaHuWaH’s set-apart month begins:
- With the first sliver of the moon;
- With the full moon;
- With a combination of the crescent moon and the ripening of the barley, etc.
- Others claim the festal month begins around the spring equi-LUX
Some are surprised the moon has absolutely nothing to do with the start of YaHuWaH’s set-apart month!
It is interesting that the Word of YaHuWaH never instructs His people to sight any phase of the moon in the sky! There is not one place in the original Hebrew Scriptures where YaHuWaH points directly to the moon as an authority over set-apart time.
If a teaching is not found in Scripture, why should it be practiced as if it were there?
Let’s briefly examine some history: Jericho, Jeremiah, the Karaites, Hindu’s, and Islam.
YaHuWaH tells us explicitly the moon is NOT TO BE FOLLOWED! He destroyed Jericho and placed a curse on the one who rebuilds it. The Hebrew language reveals a deeper understanding that the curse is placed upon the ones who REBUILD THE WORSHIP PRACTICES OF THE MOON! That is why the moon in Rev 12 is placed UNDER the feet of the Bride!
Jericho approx. 1451 BC
Jeremiah’s wisdom in Chapter 8:1 and 2 (approx. 600 BC)
“At that time,” declares יהוה, “they shall bring the bones of the sovereigns of Yehuḏah, and the bones of its heads, and the bones of the priests, and the bones of the prophets, and the bones of the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, out of their burial-sites, and shall spread them before the sun and the moon and all the host of the heavens, which they have loved and which they have served and after which they have walked, which they have sought, and to which they have bowed themselves. They shall not be gathered nor buried, they shall be for dung on the face of the earth.” Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 8:1-2
Violation of Deḇarim (Deuteronomy) 18:9!
“When you come into the land which יהוה your Elohim is giving you, do not learn to do according to the abominations of those nations.” Deḇarim (Deuteronomy) 18:9
One source claims that certain sects developed a procedure that involved the sighting of the moon by two witnesses. This is believed to be correct by many today. Today this sect is called the ‘Karaites’. The source of this practice is from Rabbinic Jewish Oral Law [The Mishna] – NOT THE TORAH!
Karaites ‘came to be’ approx. 200 BC. Do the Karaites ‘connect’ to Islam?
THE KARAITE CONNECTION (Between Hinduism and Islam)
- Anan ben-David HaNasi is widely believed to be the founder of the Karaite sect.
- In the mid-8th century CE under Islamic rule, he started a movement that broke away from Rabbinical Judaism.
- It was Anan’s hope to become the head Rabbi, but he was passed over by his younger brother who held more closely to the Torah and the ‘oral law’ – the traditions of the fathers.
- Still, Anan’s followers installed him in the position of the ‘Jewish leader’.
- The Caliph Al-Mansur viewed this argument as rebellion, and arrested Anan in 767, setting his execution date.
- While in prison, Anan met an Islamic teacher who gave him advice that saved his life. Anan was to establish a new religious sect based on moon observation, not perpetual calculation [like Hillel II].
Long before the birth of Islam, 360 deities surrounded the Kabaa, originally a Hindu shrine dedicated to the worship of the host of heaven. The crescent moon was the symbol of Lord Shiva – a god of the Hindus. Out of all the deities that were worshipped by the Pre-Islamic Arabs, the ‘greatest’ was called ‘Allah’.
Do Hindus and Muslims connect?
- Anan ben-David HaNasi: founder of the Karaite sect.
- He broke away from Rabbinical Judaism.
- An execution date was set for his rebellion against the Mishnah Karaites.
- Anan met an Islamic teacher while in prison.
- Anan’s life was spared by the establishment of a new religious sect based on crescent moon observation (following Muslim practice).
Islam – Hindus – Karaite Jews
Is Anan ben-Dawid HaNasi the connecting link between the Hindu Lord Shiva, Karaite Jews, and Islam?
- They have similar ways of worship from the same area.
- They all have the star and crescent moon symbols.
History long before Islam
The pre-Islamic moon deity called Allah is symbolized by a crescent moon and a star. This origin is rooted in the Hindu culture and the worship of Hindu Lord Shiva.
The crescent moon was also venerated in the Egyptian culture with the moon below the solar disc.
Islam – approx. 610 AD
Allah, as represented by the crescent moon, became the most favored of all 360 deities by Muhammad’s clan adopting the star/crescent moon symbol.
Allah is not a name. It is a title likened to Elohim.
YaHuWaH is not represented by any kind of pagan symbol, and certainly, He is not using the objects seen in the sky to determine His appointed times!
It is no surprise Islam adopted the moon!
Christianity also has roots in Alexandria, [Egypt] where these objects in the sky were also adopted for veneration.
Hindus, Muslims, Karaites, Rabbinic Jews, etc. are all from the same territory. It’s no wonder their religious cultures have similarities.
The common thread: the Moon!
Remember Rev 12:1
“And a great sign was seen in the heaven: a woman clad with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.” Ḥazon (Revelation) 12:1
- The LIGHT of the sun illuminates the Bride.
- The moon being trampled underfoot is of no value for the Bride’s calendar.
- She has RISEN ABOVE THE MOON DECEPTION THAT the ‘MOON COMMENCES the set-apart MONTHS for calculating YaHuWaH’s FEASTS AND FESTIVALS’!
Because most have been taught…. The moon is in charge of the commencement of YaHuWaH’s set-apart month….
This concept must be challenged to see if it is true.
There are five different Hebrew words that have been translated as moon or moons!
Will any of them confirm the moon for YaHuWaH’s month-start?
Introduction: True or False?
Truth does not fight to have a place in the heart of man. It simply presents itself – take it or leave it.
On the other hand, error – especially pagan errors that specifically counter YaHuWaH’s truths, resists at all cost of being replaced by truth.
What is the truth about this moon month?
Is it really in charge of determining when YaHuWaH’s set-apart month begins?
Rightly Handling the Truth
- By the Scriptures
- By Secular History (Why?)
- Pagan errors recorded in history are found to wrestle for prominence above Torah Truth.
- It’s easier to make a good decision with an abundance of evidence (Scriptures will be provided as the study progresses).
“Do your utmost to present yourself approved to Elohim, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly handling the Word of Truth.” Timotiyos Bĕt (2 Timothy) 2:15
Rightly Handling the Facts (10 points)
- There is no indication in the Tanakh for a lunar month of 28-29.5 days, or 13 months [leap month] in a year approximately every 3rd year or seven times in a 19-year cycle.
- At creation, the 12 calendar months had 30 days each. The year had 360 days.
- There are no Torah instructions for beginning YaHuWaH’s set-apart month with any phase of the moon. The Torah books date to approximately 1450 BC. This is 2550 years after creation. The eternal calendar in Exodus documents YaHuWaH’s 30 day month very well.
- YaHuWaH’s divine calendar was compromised by His people when, in Canaan, they began to mix pagan worship practices with divine commands.
- YaHuWaH’s people were commanded many times not to look to the sun, moon, stars, planets, or any heavenly hosts lest they worship them as the pagans do.
- Of all the heavenly hosts, the lunar cycle is closest to YaHuWaH’s 30 day calendar month. The pagans were moon worshippers with their own month and feasts an festivals.
THE PIVOTAL POINT IN THIS PUZZLE IS HEZEKIAH’S SUNDIAL AROUND 701 BC.
- Hezekiah’s sundial miracle happened about 3300 years AFTER creation. The sundial event changed the lunar cycle significantly. YaHuWaH arranged for this on purpose to draw the attention of His people away from the moon – back to His creation order for the annual count of the Festival Sabbaths.
- In a study of the Scriptural fact, along with dates, we will see: the sundial event was intended to permanently separate YaHuWaH’s feast worship times from the pagan lunar cycle calculations. However, one event did not change when the earth’s year-length changed from 360 to 365¼ days/year.
THAT EVENT IS THE EQUINOX!
- From creation the earth has provided ‘sowing and reaping seasons’. The moon is agriculturally involved with these seasons.
- The equinox is the ‘one day’ focal point each year that marks the last day of YaHuWaH’s Eternal Calendar (with the last day of winter in the northern hemisphere).
YaHuWaH’s new year begins the day after the equinox – being the 1st day of His 1st month of the new year.
The moon has absolutely no involvement in the equinox event the way the earth, sun, and stars do.
Light is also involved in the equinox, of which the moon has nothing to offer.
3300 Years: Creation to Hezekiah
- The moon’s cycle for 3300 years was finally disrupted by the sundial miracle (701 B).
- This was a permanent heavenly demarcation ( or a SIGN to YaHuWaH’s people)
- Unfortunately the apostasy of YaHuWaH’s people, with regards to worship, was so deep and severe that:
- The northern 10 tribes were completely scattered by Assyria (721 BC just 5 years after Hezekiah’s reformation).
- About 100 years later (606 BC) the southern kingdom tribes were finally exiled to Babylon for 70 years.
YaHuWaH’s people and Pagan Worship
Upon return to Jerusalem (536 BC), Judah was to leave the pagan ways behind.
The ‘so-called Jews’ of today (Orthodox/Messianic, as well as many other feast camps, etc.) are still gazing at the moon just as Babylon, Egypt, Islam, and other pagan nations have been practicing for eons of time.
What to expect from the moon study:
- History of how YaHuWaH’s people wandered away from His Torah Truths;
- Just which of YaHuWaH’s servants tried to keep His people on track;
- How the pagan roots of moon worship became tradition AND later as Torah Truth;
- Is sacred regard for the moon about the same as pagan moon worship?
Main point of this study
- Pagan moon worship crept in very early amongst YaHuWaH’s people. He gave them a ‘sign’ to bring them back. Did they recognize the sign was for them?
- Question: Well we, as YaHuWaH’s people of today follow Yisra’El’s apostasy, or shall we heed the Torah worship guidelines? Will we be given a sign?
- Challenge: For those following the lunar cycles to mark ‘any type of worship statutes’ perhaps this study will test that belief system.
Job descriptions of the moon
Ordinances of the moon are given by the Creator at creation. Is the moon-month YaHuWaH’s set-apart month, or is it for another type of ordinance?
- Has ‘mankind’ added job descriptions to the moon outside of what the Creator has given?
- Does the moon have a prominent position which it does not deserve when it comes to the observance of set-apart feasts and festivals?
- Would it be important to know the divine ordinances of the moon? Where would they be found?
There are a variety of good computer and online programs as well.
Getting started with simple study tools.
The Strong’s Concordance searches by Hebrew ‘words’.
The Englishman’s Concordance searches by Hebrew ‘number’.
Getting started with Strong’s
- Study conducted from the Tanakh.
- Look up all Scriptures using ‘moon’ or ‘moons’.
- Examine Hebrew definition[s] of each word number.
Understanding Hebrew definitions
- As in other languages, Hebrew words can have different definitions within one word number.
Strong’s evening OT: 6153 ereb (eh’-reb); from OT: 6150;
- [1st definition] dusk: KJV
- [2nd definition] day
- [3rd definition] even (-ing, tide), [eventide]
- [4th definition] night
- Or: there can be several different Hebrew word numbers to define the same word.
In the Tanakh alone there are 10 different Hebrew word numbers and meaning for the word LOVE.
Strong’s Concordance Search
For ‘moon’ or ‘moons’
- H3394 = 26 listings <yareach>
- H3391 = 2 listings <yerach>
- H3842 = 3 listings <lebanah>
- H7720 = 1 listing <saharon>
- H2320 = 20 listings <chodesh>
Total of 52 references.
How can there be so many different Hebrew word numbers for one moon in the sky?
Moon Hebrew Word Numbers and Grammar
Taking a closer look
#1 H3394 MOON <yareach>
The literal moon in the sky
26 identical Scriptural references are found the both Strong’s and Englishman’s.
This part of the study will separate the 26 verses into four different categories.
H3394 moon <yareach> [as a noun]
[Strong’s] MOON – H3394 yareach (yaw-ray’-akh); from the same as H3391; the MOON
Yerechow [or Jericho] see H3405. H3391 is the primitive root. H3405 links to Jericho, a city that worshipped the moon.
Brown-Driver-Brigg’s (BDB) does NOT take H3394 back to the original root!
H3394 describes the literal moon.
If Moses wants us to know the moon commences YaHuWaH’s set-apart month, should he use H3394 (the noun) so we know for sure?
Englishman’s Concordance H3394
Strong’s: ‘moon’ or ‘moons’ Englishman’s: by Hebrew word number
- H3394 = 26 listings <yareach> H3394 = 26 listings <yareach>
26 references for H3394 are exactly the same in both the Strong’s and Englishman’s.
- PROPHECY 5 verses: Has the 1st mention of ‘moon’ [H3394] in the Torah (Gen 37:9; Psalms 72:5; 72:7; 121:6; Isaiah 60:19).
- WARNING 5 verses: The 2nd mention of ‘moon’ [H3394] in the Torah (Deut 4:19; 17:3; 2 Kings 23:5; Job 26-28; Jer 8:2).
- SIGN 10 verses: For the 3rd categorical mention of ‘moon’ [H3394] (now found) in the prophets and the writings, it is used as a ‘sign’ (Joshua 10:12; 10:13; Job 25:5; Isaiah 13:10; Jer 31:35-36; Ezekiel 32:7; Joel 2:10; 2:31; 3:15; Habakkuk 3:11).
- CREATION 6 verses: The 4th and last categorical mention of ‘moon’ [H3394] found in the writings relates to creation (Psalms 8:3; 89:37; 136:9; 104:19; 148:3; Ecclesiastes 12:2).
H3394 Prophecy Category
- “And he dreamed still another dream and related it to his brothers, and said, “See, I have dreamed another dream, and see, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars bowed down to me.” Berĕshith (Genesis) 37:9
- “Let them fear You with the sun, shining And before the moon, in all generations.” Tehillim (Psalms) 72:5
- “Let the righteous flourish in His days, With plenty of peace, Till the moon is no more.” Tehillim (Psalms) 72:7
- “The sun does not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night.” Tehillim (Psalms) 121:6
- “No longer is the sun your light by day, nor does the moon give light to you for brightness, but יהוה shall be to you an everlasting light, and your Elohim your comeliness.” Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 60:19
Did any of the 5 Prophecy Scriptures command the moon to begin the festal month? NO!
H3394 Warning Category
In this category, there are 5 very strict commands about gazing and/or worshipping any of the heavenly bodies. TWO of these commands are in the Torah. THREE commands follow in support.
NOTE THE 2 COMMANDS IN THE TORAH DO NOT PROMOTE THE MOON IS TO COMMENCE THE BEGINNING OF YAHUWAH’S MONTHS!
- 1st Torah Warning:
“and lest you lift up your eyes to the heavens, and shall see the sun, and the MOON, and the stars – all the host of the heavens – and you be drawn away into bowing down to them and serving them, which יהוה your Elohim has allotted to all the peoples under all the heavens.” Deḇarim (Deuteronomy) 4:19
- 2nd Torah Warning:
“and has gone and served other mighty ones and bowed down to them, or to the sun or to the MOON or to any of the host of the heavens, which I have not commanded,” Deḇarim (Deuteronomy) 17:3
Before Moses dies, he specifically gave these two commands as a safeguard from the pagan ways of worship. Penalty for disobedience: Death!
- 1st non-Torah Warning:
“And he [King Josiah] put down the black-robed priests whom the sovereigns of Yehuḏah had appointed to burn incense on the high places in the cities of Yehuḏah and in the places all around Yerushalayim, and those who burned incense to Ba‛al, to the sun, and to the MOON, and to the constellations, and to all the host of the heavens.” Melaḵim Bĕt (2 Kings) 23:5
- 2nd non-Torah Warning:
“if I have looked at the sun when it shines, or the MOON moving in brightness so that my heart has been secretly enticed, and my mouth has kissed my hand – that too is punishable crookedness, for I would have denied Ěl above.” Iyoḇ (Job) 31:26-28
(Note: These two verses are talking about giving more regard to the sun and moon than what was ever allowed by YaHuWaH. There are several other Scriptures that give the same warning)
Job lived between the time of Abraham and Moses (the author of his book). Would you consider Job to be a Torah patriarch? If so, this quote is of extreme importance! Some feel this should be a Torah warning!
- 3rd non-Torah Warning:
“and shall spread them [the bones of YaHuWaH’s people] before the sun and the MOON and all the host of the heavens, which they have loved and which they have served and after which they have walked, which they have sought, and to which they have bowed themselves. They shall not be gathered nor buried, they shall be for dung on the face of the earth.” Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 8:2
Jeremiah declares following this moon-month is worship!
Did any of the 5 Warning Scriptures command the moon to begin the festal month? Absolutely not!
H3394 Sign Category
- “Then Yehoshua spoke to יהוה in the day when יהוה gave the Amorites over to the children of Yisra’ĕl, and he said before the eyes of Yisra’ĕl, “Sun, stand still over Giḇ‛on; and MOON [stand still], in the Valley of Ayalon.” Yehoshua (Joshua) 10:12
- “So the sun stood still, and the MOON stopped, till the nation avenged itself upon their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Yashar? Thus the sun stopped in the midst of the heavens, and did not hasten to go down for an entire day.” Yehoshua (Joshua) 10:13
- “See, even the MOON does not shine, and the stars have not been flawless in His eyes,” Iyoḇ (Job) 25:5
- “For the stars of the heavens and their constellations do not give off their light. The sun shall be dark at its rising, and the MOON not send out its light.” Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 13:10
- “Thus said יהוה, who gives the sun for a light by day, and the laws [ordinances H2708] of the MOON and the stars for a light by night, who stirs up the sea, and its waves roar – יהוה of hosts is His Name:” Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 31:35
“If these laws [ordinances H2706] vanish from before Me,” declares יהוה, “then the seed of Yisra’ĕl shall also cease from being a nation before Me forever.” Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 31:36
- “And when I extinguish you, I shall cover the heavens, and make its stars dark. I shall cover the sun with a cloud, and the MOON shall not give her light.” Yehezqĕl (Ezekiel) 32:7
- “The earth shall tremble before them, the heavens shall shake. Sun and MOON shall be darkened, and the stars withdraw their brightness.” Yo’ĕl (Joel) 2:10
- “the sun is turned into darkness, and the MOON into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of יהוה.” Yo’ĕl (Joel) 2:31
- “Sun and MOON shall become dark, and stars shall withdraw their brightness.” Yo’ĕl (Joel) 3:15
- “Sun, MOON shall stand still in their places. Like light, Your arrows fly, Like lightning is Your glittering spear.” Ḥaḇaqquq (Habakkuk) 3:11
Did any of the 10 Sign Category Scriptures command the moon to begin the festal month? No!
H3394 Creation Category
- “For I see Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The MOON and the stars, which You have established.” Tehillim (Psalms) 8:3
- “Like the MOON, it [David’s throne vs 36] is established forever, And the witness [vs 36 the sun] in the heaven is steadfast.” Selah.” Tehillim (Psalms) 89:37
- “He made the MOON for appointed times; The sun knows its going down.” Tehillim (Psalms) 104:19 (This verse will be dealt with in great detail later)
- “The MOON and stars to rule by night, For His loving-commitment is everlasting.” Tehillim (Psalms) 136:9
- “Praise Him, sun and MOON; Praise Him, all you stars of light!” Tehillim (Psalms) 148:3
- “Before the sun and the light, the MOON and the stars, are darkened, and the clouds return after the rain;” Qoheleth (Ecclesiastes) 12:2 (The context of verses 1-8 is to remembers THE Creator during the days of our youth).
Did any of the 6 Creation Category Scriptures command the moon to begin the festal month? No!
H3394 is the best choice to establish the moon for the festal month. Moses did NOT use it once for a very good reason!