To Moon or not to Moon Part 2
‘Ordinances’ of the Moon
Review for Part 1 on H3394
- H3394 is the Hebrew word number for the literal moon in the sky – the noun – used 26 times in the Tanakh.
- H3394 is used in the Torah only 3 times.
- The 1st usage in Gen 37:9 is of prophetic significance.
- The 2nd and 3rd usages in Deut 4 and Deut 17 are strict warnings not to look to the moon for the commencement of worship practices.
- Moses does not use H3394 (as a noun) to designate the moon is in charge of the festal month commencement in any Torah verses.
A valid concern about Judgment
YaHuWaH’s calendar does not use the moon to calculate the month’s commencement for the purpose of defining the appointed times.
When this study is presented to those that still use the moon-month, can/will there be any judgmental concerns either from the study itself or from those that present it?
This is a serious question, with a very valid concern that must be addressed before Part 2 of this study can proceed.
Where is this concern coming from?
A closer look at Deut 4:19 (1451 BC)
Deḇarim (Deuteronomy) 4:1-2, 19, 23, 26
“And now, O Yisra’ĕl, listen to the laws and the right-rulings which I am teaching you to do, so that you live, and shall go in and possess the land which יהוה Elohim of your fathers is giving you.”
“Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it, so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you.”
“and lest you lift up your eyes to the heavens, and shall see the sun, and the MOON, and the stars – all the host of the heavens – and you be drawn away into bowing down to them [H7812] and SERVING them [H5647], which יהוה your Elohim has allotted to all the peoples under all the heavens.”
“Guard yourselves, lest you forget the covenant of יהוה your Elohim which He made with you, and shall make for yourselves a carved image in any form, as יהוה your Elohim has commanded you.”
“I shall call the heavens and earth to witness against you on that day, that you soon completely perish from the land which you pass over the Yardĕn to possess – you do not prolong your days in it but are completely destroyed.”
A closer look at Deut 17:3 ‘If or When/Then’
Deḇarim (Deuteronomy) 17:2-5
“When there is found in your midst, in any of your cities which יהוה your Elohim is giving you, a man or a woman who does what is evil in the eyes of יהוה your Elohim, in transgressing His covenant,”
“and has gone and served [H5647] other mighty ones and bowed [H7812] down to them, or to the sun or to the MOON or to any of the host of the heavens, which I have not commanded,”
“and it has been made known to you and you have heard, and have searched diligently. Then see, if true: the matter is confirmed that such an abomination has been done in Yisra’ĕl,”
“then you shall bring out to your gates that man or woman who has done this evil matter, and you shall stone to death that man or woman with stones.”
What are the 613 Mitzvot?
Those that teach these 613 commands say:
By eating the pomegranate, we figuratively show our desire and hope to fulfill all 613 commands given by Moses!
There is a problem!
Moses also gave the commands found in Deut 4 and 17 not to look to the sun, the moon, etc.!
These 2 commands are not found among the 613 listed commands.
What would Job say about this?
“if I have looked at the sun when it shines, or the MOON moving in brightness, so that my heart has been secretly enticed (H6601 – to allure, be deceived/persuaded [coaxed or seduced] into a thought process without knowingly registering it), and my mouth has kissed my hand – that too is a punishable crookedness, for I would have denied Ěl above.” Iyoḇ (Job) 31:26-28
What about Judging?
- Are YaHuWaH’s people allowed to judge words and actions of Torah believers that violate Torah commands?
- Yes! With love, mercy, and kindness!
- However, no one is allowed to judge (unto salvation) what is in the heart.
- But, if the Deut 4 and 17 commands are not found among the 613, is there no place for judgment to salvage an erring child of YaHuWaH?
A command from Isaiah 58:1
“Cry aloud, do not spare. Lift up your voice like the shophar. Declare to My people their transgression, and the house of Ya‛aqoḇ their sins.” Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 58:1
This verse does not say to judge the LIFE – but to judge the sin.
Does Isaiah not give permission to determine the fruits of others as to whether they are in violation of covenant or not?
How can others be warned of their covenant violations if no one is allowed to judge the evidence of what is seen?!
Deuteronomy Worship Reminders
“and lest you lift up your eyes to the heavens, and shall see the sun, and the MOON, and the stars – all the host of the heavens – and you be drawn away into bowing [H7812] down to them and SERVING [H5467] them, which יהוה your Elohim has allotted to all the peoples under all the heavens.” Deḇarim (Deuteronomy) 4:19
“and has gone and SERVED [H5467] other mighty ones and BOWED [H7812] down to them, or to the sun or to the MOON or to any of the hosts of the heavens, which I have not commanded,” Deḇarim (Deuteronomy) 17:3
Judgmental Connotation of Worship and Serve
Deut 4:19 and 17:3 speak of two serious commands not to even look at any of the heavenly bodies lest they be served and worshipped.
This is 40 years after worshipping the golden calf at Mt Sinai.
What was Moses really trying to tell these people? Could it be….
“If you don’t look you likely won’t worship the gods of the pagans, or worship the way the pagans do”?
A closer look at ‘worship’ in Deuteronomy
- Worship H7812; shachah; a primitive root; to depress, i.e. prostrate (especially reflective, in homage to royalty or God [Elohim]):
- KJV – bow (self) down, crouch, fall down (flat), humbly beseech, do (make) obeisance, do reverence, make to stoop, worship.
Will the Hebrew definitions differ from today?
‘Worship’ Definitions Today – Webster’s 1828
- Chiefly and eminently, the act of paying divine honors to the Supreme Being; or the reverence and homage paid to Him in religious exercises, consisting in adoration, confession, prayer, thanksgiving and the like.
- The homage paid to idols or false gods by pagans; as the worship of Isis.
- To adore; to pay divine honors to; to reverence with supreme respect and veneration.
- To perform acts of adoration.
- To perform religious SERVICE.
Worship Definition – Oxford
- The feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.g.: worship of the Mother Goddess
- Show reverence and adoration for (a deity).g.: ‘the Maya built jungle pyramids to worship their gods’
A closer look at ‘Serve’ in Deuteronomy
- Serve H5647; ‘abad; a primitive root; to work (in any sense); by implication, to serve, till, (causatively) enslave, etc.:
- KJV – be, keep in bondage, be bondmen, bond-service, compel, do, dress, ear, execute, husbandman, keep, labor (-ing) man, bring to pass, (cause to, make to) serve (-ing self), (be, become) servant (-s), do (use) service, till (-er), transgress [from margin], (set a) work, be wrought, worshipper.
Will today’s definitions differ from Hebrew?
Between the Strong’s Hebrew definitions and the dictionaries of today, the definitions for worship are about the same.
Nothing changes for the word SERVE either.
However, there is another word we need to define to understand why Moses gave these commands, and how this may be linked to the issue of judging.
Syncretism – What does that mean?
Islam – Hindus- Karaite Jews
Remember: Anan ben-David synchronized the Hindus, Karaite Jews, and Islam!
- They have similar ways of worship from the same area.
- They all have the star and crescent moon symbols.
Moses and Syncretism
- This is a practice of adaptation that joins elements of one, or more, religions into another.
- As a result, the basic principles of ALL religions are fundamentally altered with a common thread.
- Twice in Deuteronomy, Moses warned the people of the INSIDIOUS and crafty forms of false worship, especially the worship of deities fashioned after the heavenly bodies including religious syncretism.
Syncretism Then and Now
- The warning to Yisra’El was very clear to avoid all religious syncretism that attempted to join the worship of YaHuWaH with the worship of pagan gods. Moses said, “Don’t even look, lest you worship…” He was ‘dead serious’ about this warning also telling Yisra’El they would do exactly the opposite after this death. (Deut 28:14, 36, 64:26; 30:17; 31:18, 20 and many more!)
- The Tanakh history documents Yisra’El’s sun worship with Baal;
- Yisra’El’s moon worship with Ashtoreth and the groves/high places;
- The prophet Elijah chided the people for attempting to ‘waver between two opinions’ (1 Kings 18:21) (678 BC)
- Ezekiel also had many serious warnings, both for the erring and the watchmen. [596-586 BC]
The same warning applies to us.
How should Deuteronomy 4 and 17 be viewed today?
- When we learn that our prior worship practices were based on ignorance that amounted to worshipping [according to Moses], or ‘giving sacred regards’ to the heavenly bodies that were falsely connected to defining weekly and annual worship times – then it is time to repent and accept YaHuWaH’s calendar that does not align with:
- The sun for day-start,
- The moon for month-start and year-start,
- And/or the Equilux for year-start.
YaHuWaH’s Everlasting Mercy
- “Truly, then, having overlooked these times of ignorance, Elohim now commands all men everywhere to repent,” Ma`asei (Acts) 17:30
- YaHuWaH in His great mercy does not bring judgment upon those that do not know His calendar truths.
- What is YaHuWaH’s choice for those that have become aware of these Mosaic commands, yet deliberately turn away from them to intentionally seek out sun and moon calendars as Jews, Karaites, Islam, and pagan cultures do?
“And you, son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Yisra’ĕl. And you shall hear a word from My mouth and you shall warn them for Me.” Yehezqĕl (Ezekiel) 33:7
Consequences for the Watching
“But if the watchman sees the sword coming and shall not blow with the shophar, and the people shall not be warned, and the sword comes and takes any being from among them, he is taken away in his crookedness, and his blood I require at the watchman’s hand.’
“When I say to the wrong, ‘O wrong one, you shall certainly die!’ and you have not spoken to warn the wrong from his way, that wrong one shall die in his crookedness, and his blood I require at your hand.” Yehezqĕl (Ezekiel) 33:6, 8
Rewards for the Watchmen
“But when you have warned the wrong to turn from his way, and he has not turned from his way, he shall die in his crookedness, but you have delivered your being.” Yehezqĕl (Ezekiel) 33:9
Responsibilities of Covenant Teachers
Answers to the Question of Judging:
- Messengers of YaHuWaH’s Eternal Calendar that choose to alert others to these two serious commands of Moses found in Deuteronomy have no intent on placing judgment on others’ lives or salvation but are merely sounding an alarm for the fruits of their choices.
- Should some ‘feel’ there is judgment pronounced on the reckoning of their non-eternal calendar, which inherently causes discrepancies with the STATUTES of the Torah, may they recognize this can only be the conviction from YaHuWaH’s Ruach.
Mandate of the Moon Study
This whole study is designed to provide ample information for everyone that perceives the full study – to make a decision according to YaHuWaH’s divine outline for every detail of His Eternal Calendar.
Part 2: Understanding H3394
H3394 = 26 listings <yareach> NOUN – LITERAL MOON
The H3394 study will be completed by a careful examination of:
- The moon’s ordinances [Jer 31:35]
- The definition of H4150 [seasons/moed]
- The moon’s seasons [Ps 104:19]
Taking a closer look
Jeremiah 31:35 ‘ordinances’ (laws)
- Does an ordinance (law) of the moon determine the commencement of the H4150 <moed> ‘seasons’ for the Feasts and Festivals?
- If the moon is not ordained to commence Abba’s calendar months to determine the worship statutes, what is the moon’s heavenly purpose?
- Has ‘mankind’ added job descriptions to the moon outside of what the Creator has given?
- Does the moon have a prominent position which it does not deserve regarding the Feasts and Festivals? (eg. Passover full moon and 1st day of Trumpets new moon [Ps 81:3]?)
YaHuWaH declares there are ordinances (laws) of heaven and earth. [H2706 and H2708]
“Do you know the laws [H2708] of the heavens? Or do you set their rule over the earth?” Iyoḇ (Job) 38:33
“Thus said יהוה, ‘If My covenant is not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the laws [H2708] of the heavens and earth, then I would also reject the descendants of Ya‛aqoḇ and Dawiḏ My servant, so that I should not take of his descendants to be rulers over the descendants of Aḇraham, Yitsḥaq, and Ya‛aqoḇ. For I shall turn back their captivity, and have compassion on them.’ ” Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 33:25-26
YaHuWaH’s laws have governed the universe since its creation and continue to do so with astounding predictability in the movements of the heavenly bodies. This proves YaHuWaH’s perfect order in His universe. His covenant promises to His people are as fixed as the perfect universal laws, or ‘the ordinances of heaven and earth.’
What are the ‘LIGHT’ ordinances of the Heavens?
“And Elohim made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night, and the stars.” Berĕshith (Genesis) 1:16
- Everyone knows the sun is the greater light ruling the day. Most believe the moon is the lesser light ruling the night. Is it? Does the moon really rule the night?
- Where did Moses refer to the H3394 [literal] moon as a light on the 4th day of creation?
Jeremiah 31:35 gives declaration for the two great LIGHT-givers.
“Thus said יהוה, who gives the sun for a light by day,
and the stars for a light by night,
Oh the Moon! Seen in the night sky about only half of the month! The moon has no light of its own. Therefore it is not ordained as a ‘light giver’ to rule the night.
Is the moon ordained for anything?
Yes! The moon in the heavens has its own ordinances (laws).
“Thus said יהוה, who gives the laws [H2708] of the moon…
What are ordinances (laws)?
Definitions of Ordinances (Laws) [for Heaven and Earth]
Jeremiah 31:35 Thus said יהוה, who gives the laws [H2708] of the moon
What are the Ordinances of the Moon?
Many say the ‘ordinances of the moon’ determine YaHuWaH’s set-apart month commencement. Do they?
Moon Ordinances and the Pull of the Lunar Cycle
This section will address a tidbit of information on the pull of the lunar cycle for water, land, animals, and plants.
Lunar Cycle Pull – Water [H2708]
Tides are pulled by the gravitational force of the sun and the moon. The tidal waters supply oxygen to the plants and animals in the sea.
Thus said יהוה, who gives the laws [H2708] of the moon who stirs up the sea, and its waves roar
Job’s Illustration [H2706]
“Or who enclosed the sea with doors, when it burst forth and came from the womb; and assigned for it My law [H2706], and set bars and doors; and said, ‘This far you have come, but no farther, and here your proud waves stop?’” Iyoḇ (Job) 38:8, 10-11
Jeremiah’s Illustration [H2706]
“Do you not fear Me?’ declares יהוה. ‘Do you not tremble at My presence, who have placed the sand as the boundary of the sea, by an everlasting law [H2706], and it does not pass over it? Though its waves toss to and fro, they are not able; though they roar, they do not pass over it.”
Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 5:22
Lunar Cycle Pull – Land Animals
- The lunar cycle impacts human reproduction as well as land and sea animal husbandry.
- Farm animals are dehorned/castrated successfully.
- Hair grows fuller and faster when cut by lunar cycles.
- Parasite cleansing is more successful if done before parasites begin to reproduce at the full moon.
Lunar Cycle Pull – Land Plants
- This lunar pull affects soil moisture, plant sap, and the water table of the earth.
- Lunar cycles also influence agricultural seasons of seeding and harvesting (haying).
- Gardens flourish when planted according to various lunar phases.
Ordinance of the Harvest Moon
“with the choice fruits of the sun, with the choice yield [H4022] of the months [H3391],”
Deḇarim (Deuteronomy) 33:14
[H4022] – something valuable; precious fruit
[H3391] – lunation of the moon
This verse aligns with agricultural seasons.
Does Psalms 104:19 Define Ordinances of the Moon?
“He made the moon [H3394] for appointed times [H4150]; Tehillim (Psalms) 104:19
This is a verse that is often used to place the moon in a position to commence YaHuWaH’s set-apart months and related appointed worship times. Why?
A Note about ‘italicized words’ in the Strong’s Concordance
- Words in italics in the Strong’s Concordance are to be noted like this: [quote] “they [words in italics] are a rendering from and A.V. and denote an explanation of the variations from the usual form.” Variations from the usual form could mean the usual definition as taught by the Jewish mindset. When considering the word ‘seasons’ (H4150 <moed>) the Jewish mindset can most often mean that H4150 defines and designates this word ‘seasons’ to be first linked to the annual appointed Feast and Festival Seasons.
True or false?
Back to the ‘Moon’ and ‘Seasons’
“He made the moon for appointed times [H4150]; Tehillim (Psalms) 104:19
Is there a qualifier in Psalms 104 to designate the moon is involved with the feasts?
Now that we have examined the definition[s] for H4150 very carefully it is time to align the proper definition with the context of Psalms 104:19.
And, it must agree with the Torah!
Thoughts to ponder.
- Psalms 104:19 He made the moon [H3394] for appointed times …
- This is NOT a Torah verse.
- Isaiah 8:20 We learned that any Scriptures from the prophets and the writings have to be in full alignment with the Torah.
- Psalms 104:19 definitely sounds like the moon is involved with YaHuWaH’s month-start.
- Psalms 104:19 must be examined very closely.
Strong’s H4150 ‘Seasons’ 1st Definition
Seasons – Strong’s H4150; moed’; … properly
- The term moed’, [1st defined as] a fixed season, is rightly understood first in the context of the appointed agricultural seasons of Genesis 1:14
- It is true the moon is ordained [along with the sun] to usher in the agricultural seasons.
Why did Moses use H4150 and not another option?
Strong’s H4150 ‘Seasons’ 2nd Definition
Seasons – Strong’s H4150; moed’; …
The 2nd definition[s] of moed, are implied as: a festival, an assembly, or congregational place of meeting for a definite purpose.
[The following terms are 2nd definitions according to KJV usages for feasts and festivals.] … specifically, a festival; conventionally a year [or end of an agricultural season, or festival]; by implication, an assembly (as convened for a definite purpose); technically the congregation; by extension, the place of meeting; also a signal (as appointed beforehand).
H4150 Moses and King David
Seasons – Strong’s H4150; moed’;
1st time Moses connects the ‘moon’ to harvests.
“with the choice fruits of the sun, with the choice yield of the months [H3391],” Deḇarim (Deuteronomy) 33:14
H3391 defines the moon’s lunation cycle that ushers in these H4150 agricultural seasons for Psalms 104:19 as well.
King David used H4150 in Psalms 104:19 ‘He made the moon for appointed times’. David meant ‘agricultural seasons’. Does Moses write about this?
The only word that Moses or David could use for the moon’s agricultural seasons is moed H4150.
The Puzzle of Truths and H4150 ‘Seasons’
- 1st Definition: agricultural
- 2nd Definition: worship statutes
- 3rd Definition: coming soon!
H4150 moed is the only Hebrew word number that can designate the agricultural seasons and/or the worship statutes.
- The 1st definition for H4150 is a fixed time or season; which must be first rightly understood in the context of the four seasons of the year. These seasons are fixed; they do not vary. One of the ordinances of the moon is to maintain these fixed seasons for agricultural purposes that happen to coincide with the harvests of the appointed festivals.
Torah Truths about the Moon
- When the moon is used to appoint YaHuWaH’s month commencement, the festivals are NEVER fixed! They can vary between 1-5 weeks dependent on the arrival of the specific moon phase after the equinox.
- Psalms 104:19 is not a Torah verse but it testifies as a companion verse to Deuteronomy 33:14.
The precious fruits are brought forth because of the agricultural seasons – a mandated description, or ordinance of the moon, appointed by YaHuWaH.
Thought to ponder:
Has man tampered with the divine mandate for the moon?
Even with all this evidence, some still believe H4150 (moed) is only defined as a worship statute!
Let’s examine the 3rd definition!
Is it possible the stork will have something to say about the moed definition? Why?
Here’s one example:
- “Even a stork in the heavens knows her appointed times. [H4150] Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 8:7a
Adam Clark Commentary:
- The birds of passage know the times of their going and return, and punctually observe them; they obey the dictates of nature …
- And a turtledove, and a swallow, and a thrush observe the time of their coming. Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 8:7b
“Even a stork in the heavens knows her appointed times. And a turtledove, and a swallow, and a thrush observe the time of their coming. But My people do not know the right-ruling of יהוה. Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 8:7
The moeds have gone to the birds too?
YaHuWaH gave more than one definition to H4150.
- The fixed agricultural seasons have first mention.
- Feast statutes need a qualifier.
- The first have their appointed times of migration and breeding.
Most have not recognized the 1st and 3rd definitions for the H4150 <moedim>.
Most of us were taught H4150 seasons in Genesis 1:14 refer to only festival worship seasons, ordained by the moon-month! No, the word ‘seasons’ in Genesis 1:14 does not refer first to festival seasons appointed by the moon.
Let’s review how the agricultural seasons have first mention in Scripture.
Gen 1:14 … and let them [the heavenly lights] be for appointed times/seasons [H4150] …
The great light that rules the day brings vitality to the life in the seed.
Are there other commentators that agree the 1st definition of seasons points to agricultural purposes? Let’s investigate!
Gen 1:14 (seasons) Comparison to Other Commentators
- #1 Gen 1:14 “(b) for seasons, or for fixed, definite times (mow-adiym, from y’ d to fix, establish) – not for festal seasons merely, but to regulate definite points and periods of time, by virtue of their periodical influence upon agriculture, navigation, and other human occupations, as well as upon the course of human, animal and vegetable life (e.g., the breeding time of animals, and the migrations of birds, Jer 8:7, etc.)” (Keil & Delitzsch)
Can the agricultural fixed seasons be established first in the creation week?
On the 3rd day of creation, the seeds were planted with intention of a harvest.
On the 4th day of creation, the sun was given to provide all the elements for plants to grow and produce a harvest.
On the 7th day of creation, the weekly Sabbath is given to man. It is the first day in the creation week designated as a moed worship statute. It is not connected to any agricultural harvests.
Yes, the sun’s first mandate in the creation week was for the agricultural seasons.
The H4150 feast days will follow later hovering around the harvests of spring, summer, and the beautiful colors of fall.
- #2 Gen 1:14 “The ‘seasons’ are  the natural seasons of the year, and the  set times for civil and  sacred purposes which man has attached to special days and years in the revolution of time.” (Barnes’ Notes)
- #3 Gen 1:14 “… the luminaries are ‘for seasons.’ … Therefore, ‘seasons’ or times in the widest sense are to be thought of: agricultural seasons (Hos 2:9, 11; 9:5), seasons for seafaring men, seasons for beasts and birds (Jer 8:7), as long as they are times that are fixed and come with stated regularity.” (H.C. Leupold)
Hosea’s Perfect Illustration
“Therefore I shall turn back and shall take my grain in its time [H6256] [of harvest] and My new wine in its appointed time  [of harvest], and I shall take away My wool and My linen covering her nakedness.” Hoshĕa (Hosea) 2:9
- [H4150 in this verse is referring to the agricultural time of harvest.]
“And I shall cause all her rejoicing, her festivals, her New Moons [H2320], and her Sabbaths [H7676], even all her appointed times [H4150], to cease,” Hoshĕa (Hosea) 2:11
- [H4150 here refers to the annual festivals. The verse has several qualifiers – feast days; solemn feasts].
“What do you do for the Day of Appointment [H4150], and in the day of the Festival [H2282] of יהוה?” Hoshĕa (Hosea) 9:5
- [H4150 again refers to ‘appointed worship statutes’ with the qualifiers of ‘day of appointment’ and ‘festival of YaHuWaH.”]
Back to the ‘Moon’ and ‘Seasons’
“He made the moon [H3394] for appointed times [H4150] Tehillim (Psalms) 104:19
- In this verse, the moon is appointed for agricultural seasons.
The moon has no part in defining the timing of the appointed festivals even though these ‘worship statutes’ do align with the agricultural harvests we enjoy on this earth.
- The definition of ‘moed appointed seasons’ is not given to the [H3394] moon in the Torah. What about a H3391 moon?
- Non-Torah verses like Psalms 104:19 must align with the Torah teachings.
Man has indeed added ordinances to the moon that were never authorized by YaHuWaH.
Quick review for Psalms 89:37
“Like the moon, it is established forever, And the witness in the heaven is steadfast.” Selah.” Tehillim (Psalms) 89:37
Many use this verse to establish the moon as the faithful witness for the moedim.
Is this verse really saying the moon is the faithful witness in heaven for the moed appointed times?
Confirming the context for Psalms 89:34-37
“I shall not profane My covenant, Neither would I change what has gone out from My lips. (Context: YaHuWaH will not break His Covenant.)
Once I have sworn by My set-apartness, I do not lie to Dawiḏ:” (Context: For YaHuWaH to profane the covenant would be to profane His own set-apartness, one of His essential attributes.)
“His [David’s] seed shall be forever [through YaHuWaH], And his [David’s] throne as the sun before Me [YaHuWaH];
“Like the moon, it [David’s spiritual seed] is established forever, And the witness in the heaven is steadfast.” Selah.” (Context: Just as the sun and moon are faithful witnesses in the sky to the Creator’s design, so will YaHuWaH be faithful to His everlasting covenant.)
Conclusion for Psalms 89:37
“Like the moon, it [YaHuWaH’s witness] is established forever, And the witness in the heaven is steadfast.” Selah.” Tehillim (Psalms) 89:37
“Let them fear You with the sun, shining And before the moon, in all generations.” Tehillim (Psalms) 72:5
YaHuWaH is witness to, and attests to, His own oath and promises as the faithful witness; literally as the sun and moon are in the heavens.
H3394 Final Conclusion <yareach>
- The very first mention of MOON is the Scriptures for the word number H3394 is in Gen 37:9 – a prophecy given through Joseph’s dream. There is no confirmation for the literal moon to declare the beginning of YaHuWaH’s calendar months.
- First Mention affirms the moon’s most important job description is ‘prophetic.’ (All of Yahusha’s references to the moon are ‘prophetic.’ See Matt 24:29; Mark 13:24; Luke 21:25.)
- Consider: H3394 is used as a SIGN 10 times in only the non-Torah pages. This is in agreement with Torah that never once is the literal moon declared to be the sign to begin YaHuWaH’s calendar month.
- Gen 1:14-16 does tell us there are two lights in the sky for ‘signs’. It does not say the moon is ‘one’ of those lights.
- Her 31:35 confirms the sun as the greater light; the Mazzaroth as the lesser light.
- Jer 31:35 also confirms the [H3394] moon is given for ordinances to bless the earth and mankind with agricultural seasons for sowing and reaping. (Psalms 104:19; Deut 33:14 [H3391]).
- The moon is a faithful witness in the sky for creation and our Creator’s oath (Psalms 89:7), not as a witness for YaHuWaH’s set-apart months.
- The moon is not ordained by YaHuWaH for any calculation and/or proclamation of His Feasts and Festivals.
The Truth of the Matter for H3394
Under the most searching scrutiny for the research on H3394, there is not one shred of evidence to support the literal moon commences YaHuWaH’s calendar month.
The Truth of the Matter for H3391
H3391 is the primitive root of H3394. As the ‘verb’ component it represents the lunation cycle of the moon. Will there be evidence the lunation cycle commences YaHuWaH’s set-apart month or will we find something else even more startling?
We come in love and ask that you please research for yourself and prove all things!
We all want the truth.