To Moon or not to Moon Part 5
YaHuWaH’s Month! Oh YaHuWaH’s Month!
Oh <chodesh> H2320!
Shall we trust your definition in comparison to Moses and the Torah?
Among the ancient Yisraelites, as among the Greeks, the day was reckoned from sunset to sunset. This was the custom also of the Gauls and ancient Germans and was probably connected originally with the cult of the moon. There is, however, evidence that this was not the custom at all times (Delitzsch in Dillmann’s commentary on Gen 1:5).
Keys to the Kingdom
Mat 23:13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you shut up the reign of the heavens before men, for you do not go in, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.
What have we learned so far about the moon?
H3391 <yerach> (verb) [primitive root of] H3394 <yareach> (noun)
What lessons will we learn today?
- H2320 chodesh (kho’-desh)
- H2318 chadash (khaw-dash’) [a primitive root]
- One is a noun!
- One is a verb!
Are chodesh and chadash synonyms for yareach and yerach?
It is now time to examine the Hebrew word #H2320 <chodesh> from the Strong’s Concordance!
Be prepared for some surprises!
Taking a closer look
#5 H2320 <chodesh> MOON??
Is this a noun that aligns to a repetitive occurrence? Strong’s: only 20, Englishman’s: We will find out!
Does <chodesh> have a renewal?
There seems to be a problem!
Facts: [for the words moon/moons]
- When cross-checking the five Hebrew numbers through the Englishman’s Concordance, 328 Scripture references are found.
- 276 occurrences are actually translated as month – NOT moon.
That is 84% for month!
An Investigation is Imperative!
- Are the 20 verses (listed as H2320 in Strong’s) translated correctly using the word moon[s]>
- Do these 20 verses actually verify, beyond a shadow of any doubt, that the Biblical month begins with any phase of the moon?
When searching to word ‘moon’ in Strong’s the word ‘moon’ is connected to H2320 <chodesh> 20 times.
When searching H2320 in the Englishman’s Concordance, ‘month’ is used 263 times!
We need to find the answer to this confusion:
Does H2320 have the definition of ‘moon’? or ‘month’?
Stay Alert! Proceed with Caution!
- So far we have completed only part of the H2320 definition from Strong’s.
- As we work through every part of this definition, we need to remember that James Strong is not perfect, and he definitely can lay definitions with overtones of Jewish Talmud traditions for worship, etc.
- H2320 is one of these cases where we have to be very mindful of many different aspects and twists before we can discern the correct definition.
- We will proceed slowly and carefully.
- Do pay attention to what is about to be revealed as H2320 is going to expose a serious problem that has to do with the ‘new moon’!
For YaHuWaH’s moon/month we found:
H3394 <yareach> (noun)
H3391 <yerach> (verb) [primitive root]
Will YaHuWaH’s creation/festal month also have the noun and verb components?
H2320 <chodesh> is understood according to Moses and the Torah guidelines!
Statistics for H2320 <chodesh>
KJV Translation Count for H2320 – Total usage: 276x
The KJV translates Strong’s H2320 in the following manner:
- Month (254x)
- New moon (20x)
- Monthly (1x)
- Another (1x)
Investigating H2320 <chodesh> #1
Will we find Moon? or Month?
H2320 starts out this way:
- H2320 CHODESH (kho’-desh); FROM H2318 (let’s look at H2318 at this point before going any further)
- H2318 CHADASH (khaw-dash’); a primitive root; TO BE NEW; CAUSATIVELY, TO REBUILD: KJV – renew, repair.
- The primitive root is telling us that H2318 is the ACTION word, or the verb component for ‘something’ that will be re-NEWed.
- The words ‘repetitive occurrence’ would be a summary of this action.
- Will H2320 define the noun component?
Investigating H2320 <chodesh> #2
A DECISION will have to be made to determine the correct meaning of <chodesh>! So far we have:
- H2320 CHODESH; FROM H2318 [a primitive root; TO BE NEW; CAUSATIVELY, TO REBUILD: KJV – renew, repair]
Do note: So far there is nothing in the ‘root definition’ of H2318 to bring in the idea that H2320 means only the ‘new moon’.
Then after (H2318), Strong’s H2320 goes on to say this: the new moon
- (But the Strong’s H2320 definition is not completed yet. Next, there is some investigating to do around the ‘new moon’ piece of information before going further.)
Investigating H2320 <chodesh> #3
Please note: the definitive parts of H2320 are going to be dealt with piece by piece for a full understanding of <chodesh>.
H2320 CHODESH (kho’-desh); FROM H2318; [CHADASH (khaw-dash’); a primitive root; TO BE NEW; CAUSATIVELY, TO REBUILD: KJV – renew, repair];
Then the definition reads like this:
The new moon; by implication, a month: month (-ly), new moon.
In this definition what does your eye pick up first?
Investigating H2320 <chodesh> #4
When we read this part of the H2320 definition why is it that our eyes are attracted to the ‘new moon’ words first?
“the new moon; month (-ly), new moon”
It is because we have been trained that H2320 automatically means new moon!
Remember, Strong’s H2320 says this:
(FROM H2318); the new moon…
- The question must be posed of why Strong’s chose to insert the words ‘the new moon’ first – after the root word definition when H2318 says nothing about a ‘new moon’.
- Or did Mr. Strong just follow the wording of the 1611 KJV translation, paying no attention to the root definition of H2318?
- Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance was published in 1890 – 279 years after the 1611 KJV was published.
How can the ‘new moon’ receive first and last mention in the H2320 <chodesh> definition when the Scriptures refer to the moon only 8% and month has 92%
Why didn’t Strong’s say this?
- H2320 <chodesh> IS FROM H3394 which means the ‘literal moon’?
OR: Why didn’t Strong’s say this?
H2320 <chodesh> IS FROM H3391; which is listed as:
(1st) as lunation [cycle] (2 ‘moon’ Scriptures)
(2nd) as [lunar] month (11 ‘month’ Scriptures)
Either choice of H3394 OR H3391 would have been closer to the definition of ‘new moon’ than H2318 will ever be!
Some answers are:
- The primitive root of H2320 <chodesh> is not H3394 nor H3391.
- H3394 <yareach> and H3391 <yerach> are:
- family words
- close in ‘number sequence’
- <yareach> and <yerach> are close in ‘phonetics’.
- H2320 <chodesh> and H2318 <chadash> are not family words with H3394/H3391, nor close in number or phonetics.
Investigating H2320 <chodesh> #5
Now that we know ‘the new moon’ is not part of H2318 and only qualifies for 8% of the verses using the H2320 definition, we can move to the next challenge in the H2320 definition which is the word ‘by implication’:
H2320 CHODESH (kho’-desh); FROM H2318; [CHADASH (khaw-dash; ) a primitive root; TO BE NEW; CAUSATIVELY, TO REBUILD: KJV – renew, repair]; the new moon; by implication, a [lunar] month: month (-ly), new moon.
What is the meaning of implication? Insinuation, inference, suggestion, association.
Is Strong’s saying <chodesh> means new moon, implying H2320 is a lunar month? It sounds like new moon is implied but remember ‘month’ is used 92% of the times for H2320! and new moon only 8%!
If H3394 and H3391 have their own lunar month, why does H2320 and H2318 have to be used again to describe the exact same lunar month? Maybe someone does not know that the Creator has another month that does not start with a moon! Is our Creator actually being redundant supplying duplicate words for a lunar topic which has already been covered in great detail? Remember, the study on the moon is very exhaustive and specific. It leaves no room for the moon to ever be in command of the creation/festal months!
I hear there are 20 verses in the Tanakh that should be translated as ‘new month’ instead of ‘new moon’? Yes, and did you know these verses are bundled with the Creator’s appointed worship times?
But these verses use the term ‘new moons’ as if it is the same as the Creator’s appointed worship times for new months! Yes, yet no one will admit it. It is suspected that someone has been tampering with the instructions of how the definition for H2320 <chodesh> was to be written.
What? Who did this and how can we know for sure? It may sound shocking. The only way we can know for sure is to go back to Moses and the Torah.
Moses? Yes, Moses! He never once used H2320 <chodesh> to mean a new moon month! Everything has to go back to Torah, remember?
Maybe the problem word really is ‘implication’? Yes! The word implication leads one down a muddy path. Moses never implies anything. He was very specific.
Warning – Someone has fully adjusted the H2320 <chodesh> definition to suit their religious preference of new moon months! That is precisely why there is no alignment with Moses and the Torah!
What about Brown Driver Briggs?
Does their definition seem somewhat deceiving?
- The reader is not even referred back to the original root of H2318.
- The ‘new moon’ holds the 1st position acting as the primary definition of <chodesh> promoting the ‘new moon’ as the month commencement for YaHuWaH’s calendar.
What would Moses say?
What about Gesenius?
This time the reader is referred back to the original root of H2318.
- But the ‘new moon’ retains its 1st position acting as the primary definition of <chodesh>.
- Through even MORE words the ‘new moon’ is still in charge of the festival month.
What about The Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament?
Over 2000 words for the new moon!
Yes, what would Moses say…
Deu 18:9 “When you come into the land which יהוה your Elohim is giving you, do not learn to do according to the abominations of those gentiles.
Deu 31:29 “For I know that after my death you shall do very corruptly and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you. And evil shall come to you in the latter days, because you do what is evil in the eyes of יהוה, to provoke Him through the work of your hands.”
- Using H3394 <yareach> and H3391 <yerach> there are no instructions in Torah for any phase of the moon to begin YaHuWaH’s creation and festal months.
- H2320 <chodesh> is never used in the Torah to align with the beginning of the moon month.
- The ‘new moon’ portion inserted into the H2320 definition is based on pagan traditions. This is in direct defiance of Moses’ instructions before he died.
Investigating H2320 <chodesh> #6
In order for the H2320 definition to be in alignment with Moses and Torah, H2320 should read like this:
H2320 CHODESH (kho’-desh); FROM H2318; [CHADASH (khaw-dash’); a primitive root; TO BE NEW; CAUSATIVELY, TO REBUILD: KJV – renew, repair.]; a month: [renew] month (-ly).
For utmost consideration:
The ‘new moon’ does not belong in the <chodesh> definition! That is precisely why it must be taken OUT!
There is no implied ‘month’.
That also means H2320 never refers to the rebuilding of ‘any new moon month’. The month that is to be understood as being renewed is YaHuWaH’s creation/festal ‘month’ from the 1st day of creation!
Unless there is a ‘qualifier’.
- The new moon can also be ‘a’ new month ONLY when there is a ‘qualifier’ in the context to indicate there is a pagan element of worship according to the pagan new moon.
- g.: Isaiah 47:13 – the monthly [H2320] prognosticators of Babylon were the ones that wanted to know the ancient pseudo-science of astrology of the new moons.
- The Babylonian stargazers carefully studied the heavens for omens [or signs] of coming events – which of course included the phases of the moon.
Scriptures with ‘qualifiers’
The following Scriptures all translate H2320 <chodesh> as ‘new moon(s)’ instead of ‘new months’.
- Isaiah 1:13 and 14
- Hosea 2:11
- Amos 8:5
- In each case YaHuWaH’s apostate people are running after pagan new moons and worship practices in place of staying true to YaHuWaH’s statutes as written in Torah.
- The context of each verse has the ‘qualifier’ making it very clear what was happening at that point in time in history.
Investigating H2320 <chodesh> #7
- H2320 always comes from the root word H2318 which simply means to ‘renew’.
- This is exactly what every creation and festal month does.
- There is nothing in H2318 that implies the definition refers to the new moon month or that it should have 1st place in the H2320 definition with only 8% usage.
- The usage for ‘new moon’ in H2320 should be 0%!
Rebuilding YaHuWaH’s Creation/Festal Month
Neither H3394 <yareach> or H3391 <yerach> qualifies for YaHuWaH’s creation / festal month.
YaHuWaH’s 30-day creation / festal month has:
- H2320 <chodesh> as the noun
- H2318 <chadash> as the verb.
For YaHuWaH’s moon/month we found:
H3394 <yareach> (noun)
H3391 <yerach> (verb) [primitive root]
How do we find the noun and verb components for YaHuWaH’s creation/festal month?
The idea that ‘month’ has to mean ‘moon’ because of the words ‘rebuild, renew and repair’ is a traditional teaching that has been handed down to us from the ‘moon gazers’.
Who would adopt such a pagan teaching except the apostate Jewish Rabbi moon gazers themselves? … and many in the world wander after!
Corrected Statistics for H2320 <chodesh> #8
KJV Translation Count for H2320 – Total usage: 276x
H2320 should be found in the KJV in the following manner:
- Month (274x)
- New moon (0x)
- Monthly (1x)
- Another (1x)
A note about James Strong and H2320
James Strong could not change the wording of the ‘new moon(s)’ in the 20 controversial verses but he did not have to insert the words ‘new moon’ into the H2320 Hebrew definition!
Think of the consequences for this decision! Exactly ‘who’ was James Strong?
How ‘strong’ is James Strong?
The following information is from Chapter 7, page 161, titles “Strong Delusion” of Hazardous Materials, by Dr. Gail A Riplinger, 2008.
Be aware of the content!
Exactly who was Dr. James Strong?
Some final comments from:
“James Strong’s … corrupt Greek and Hebrew definitions pepper today’s preaching as if his lexicon was the final and 67th book of the Bible. His liberal definitions are used a quick and weak patch to fill a void in sermons. The space would be better filled by a laborious looking up of all the bible’s usages of a word”.
Where is this ‘other agenda’ leading to?
The Beast knows the 1st part of the agenda …
Anything connected to the sun for the purposes of ‘worship’ is to be shunned, including:
- The day: SUNday sacredness (or any other day besides the 7th day Sabbath).
- The hour: SUNset sacredness on the day before any Sabbath given in the instructions of the Torah – engraved on the Tablets of Stone.
The Beast wants her apostate daughter back – Sun Path
- Out of the 41000+ ‘Christian’ protestant denominations, the majority of them honor SUNday as their set-apart day of rest to their creator.
- If they do NOT forsake SUNday and return to YaHuWaH’s Sabbath, they serve ‘another master’.
Result? Worship of the SUN god (or Baal).
This is all about Luciferian worship!
The Beast knows the other part of the agenda …
Anything connected to the moon for the purposes of ‘worship’ includes:
- Moon phase: of every kind adored by the Wiccans;
- The day: of the new moon [of any phase];
- The 12-13 months: of the moon/month based calendar for the purpose of honoring feasts and festivals (for who??).
The Beast wants her apostate daughters back – Moon Path
- Out of the __% of ‘Christian’ Saturday Sabbath keepers, most do not honor YaHuWaH’s feasts and festivals.
- Out of the __% of Feast Keepers, most are honoring the moon/month for festival calculations.
Result? Worship of the MOON goddess (or Ashtoreth).
What about the change of the calendar so Sunday was the 1st day of the week?
Rome started out with the 1st day of the week as Saturn’s Day [Saturday].
- 2nd day: Sun’s Day
- 3rd day: Moon’s Day
- When Sunday was moved to the position of the 1st day of the week, the Moon Day retained her position.
- That is important to remember right now.
What if there is a change of the calendar so Sunday is the 7th day of the week?
Connection to MOON day
- Now, MOON day [Monday] holds the 1st day of the week – another coveted position.
- This gathers in all the people that have been giving sacred regard to the moon, whether they think so or not. How and why?
- The moon is connected to the words lunation, lunar, leuk, lux, AND Lucifer.
The Moon! So strongly linked to Luciferian worship!
Worship of the sun god is serious!
- For the Sabbath-keepers, they know SUNday is NOT YaHuWaH’s day of worship.
- But most of them still don’t know that SUNset commencement for Sabbath is also part of SUN worship as far as the beast and YaHuWaH are concerned.
Worship of the moon entity is very serious!
- For those that want to honor YaHuWaH’s Sabbath and Festivals, they know the ‘beast’s feasts’ are a counterfeit of YaHuWaH’s feasts.
- But most of them still don’t know that the MOON-month commencement for their feasts is also part of MOON worship as far as the beast and YaHuWaH are concerned.
- Sacred regard for any type of worship connected to the moon simply boils down to Luciferian worship!
Agenda: have the whole world in ‘his’ hands through sun and moon worship!
The ‘Feasts’ of the ‘Beast’ and Worship
Beast sun god worship:
Anything connected to the sun, including Sunday, sunset, sunrise, ‘sun’ everything!
Beast moon goddess worship:
Anything connected to the moon, including moon/month, new moon day, ‘moon’ everything!
The beast has apostate worship covered on both the 1st and 7th days of the week!
Finding the Truth for YaHuWaH’s Eternal Calendar
What does all of this explosive information mean?
- Just because there is a problem with ‘some’ of the definitions in the lexical aids does not mean we need to be fearful or throw everything out!
- Remember the enemy’s plan … to mix a ‘little’ error with ‘mostly’ truth.
- For the Eternal Calendar research project, we will continue to use the study tools available to us, with the guidance of the Ruach.
- However, when there seems to be a problem, the definitions must align with the words of Moses in the Torah.
In order to know the whole truth….
We will also investigate 12 Great Leasers around the 20 ‘new moon’ verses to see if these men taught from Torah or other books!
All 20 controversial verses in the non-Torah books using H2320 <chodesh> as new moon will be investigated and broken open in ‘To Moon or Not to Moon Part 6’.