To Moon or not to Moon Part 9
“My People have forsaken Me for the Moonth!”
Who is really responsible for removing the Eternal Calendar keys?
Which ‘no god’ will gain the authority?
… the sun god?
… or the mood goddess?
Pay attention for the answer in the following study!
History of Judah 700 – 400 BC
- This is not an exhaustive study of the history in Scripture.
- Enough information will be given in this study to understand the overall picture.
- Anyone can recognize this history by just reading the Scriptures, paying attention to the patterns of apostasy.
In this study, the search continues for the answers to many questions with an investigation of Judah’s history from 700 – 400 BC about …
… who else may be responsible for taking away the Keys to YaHuWaH’s Eternal Calendar?
- Yisra’El’s 10 tribes only apostatized!
- Samaria is part of Yisra’El.
- Galilee? We will see!
- Judah? Hmmm…
- Are there others?
Shall we expose the culprit right up front so everyone can follow the problem?
… the tribe responsible for guarding the Sacred Oracles removed the Eternal Calendar Keys to the Kingdom!
Calendar of YaHuWaH
Part 1: Scriptural Facts
Foundational Information on Judah
What about Judah?
Judah, the Brother
- Rather than kill Joseph, sell him for 20 shekels of silver to the Midianites (Gen 37:26-28).
- Married Shuah (a Canaanite), a daughter of a strange god (Gen 38:2).
- Judah committed adultery with Tamar, his daughter-in-law (Gen 38:16).
- Judah promised Jacob to be surety for Simeon in Egypt’s prison, IF they could take Benjamin at Joseph’s request (basically Judah was surety for both Simeon and Benjamin) (Gen 43:1-10).
- (Note Gen 42:35-38: About 8 years previous to Judah’s surety for Simeon and Benjamin, Reuben made the same request of Jacob which was denied.)
Judah, the Tribe
- Remember, brother Judah was surety for both Simeon and Benjamin to bring them back from Egypt (Gen 43:9-13).
- Simeon (a smaller tribe) was given a land inheritance inside the tribe of Judah. Eventually, this tribe decreased in numbers and was dispersed throughout Judah and the northern tribes. Upon exile to Babylon, some may have been from the tribe of Simeon.
- The tribe of Benjamin stayed with Judah when the kingdom split in two. (Was that because of Judah’s promise to Jacob of surety for Benjamin?)
- Both Yisra’El and Judah worshipped other gods. Yisra’El was much worse being scattered by Assyria around 721 BC never to return.
- Judah received the same prophetic warnings that were given to Yisra’El about her apostasy … but for an additional 100 years.
Did it do any good?
Part 2: From 701 – 699 B
- Sundial Introduction
- Hezekiah’s 2 Signs
About 701 BC Hezekiah’s Sundial Event (A Tanakh Historical Turning Point)
2 Kings 20:9-11
2 Chron 32:24
Sent by YaHuWaH to Correct ALL Apostasy with the ‘moon goddess’.
- Many of the Bible testimonies are recorded twice.
- Hezekiah’s testimony (recorded three times) is given more attention for the sundial shadow moving backwards 10 degrees.
A Bible Hermeneutic worth repeating and remembering: YaHuWaH does not repeat things of no great consequence!
- That means: When something is given attention an unusual number of times – it is time to take notice!
An Important Announcement
There were two signs given to King Hezekiah around 701 BC:
- The sign for the approaching Jubilee year in Isaiah 37;
- The sundial miracle in Isaiah 37.
- One commentary says this: The extra fifteen years given to Hezekiah ended with the deliverance of Jerusalem, marking the completion of the third year of the ‘3rd-year’ sign…
The sundial miracle and other events around Hezekiah connect to:
- The Jubilee Calendar used to calculate every 50 years of the 120 allotted Jubilees;
- The Eternal Calendar used from month to month each year.
- Hezekiah’s testimony is the only marker in the Tanakh and the only pivotal point that challenges the pagan ‘moon’ and calendar, AND, also established the exact year for the years 49, 50, and the new 1st year of the next Jubilee calendar.
1st Sign Isaiah 37: Jubilee Calendar
“And this shall be the sign for you: This year [49th year] you eat such as grows of itself, and the second year [50th year] what springs from that, and in the third year [1st year] sow and reap, plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.” Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 37:30
Because the sundial miracle of Isaiah 38 is the same time frame of 701 BC, then:
- This year [49th year] = 701 BC
- The second year [50th year] = 700 BC (some say this is about the 66th Jubilee)
- The third year [1st year] = 699 BC
2nd Sign Isaiah 38: Yearly Calendar
Affects the Pagan Moonth Length
Did Hezekiah make the right choice for the sun to go backwards?
- “And this is the sign to you from יהוה, that יהוה does this word which He has spoken: “See, I am bringing the shadow on the sundial, which has gone down with the sun on the sundial of Aḥaz, ten degrees backward.” And the sun returned ten degrees on the dial by which it had gone down.” Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 38:7-8
- “In those days Ḥizqiyahu was sick and near death, and he prayed to יהוה. And He spoke to him and appointed a sign for him.” Diḇre haYamim Bĕt (2 Chronicles) 32:24
- “And Yeshayahu said, “This is the sign for you from יהוה, that יהוה does the word which He has spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees or go backward ten degrees?” And Ḥizqiyahu said, “It would be easy for the shadow to go down ten degrees; no, but let the shadow go backward ten degrees.” And Yeshayahu the prophet cried out to יהוה, and He brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down on the sundial of Aḥaz.” Melaḵim Bĕt (2 Kings) 20:9-11
What IF the shadow went forward?
- Then what? If the shadow going backwards would lengthen the sun’s yearly circuit, then the shadow moving forward would shorten the sun’s yearly circuit.
- Is it reasonable that the yearly circuit would have been shortened by 5¼ days, if the shadow moved forward 10 degrees?
- 360 – 5¼ = 354.75 solar days per year.
- Let’s do the math, considering the lunar cycle would have recalculated to Judah’s 29½ days per month.
- 12 months x 29½ = 354 lunar days per year.
- Do you see the problem?
RESULT: The lunar cycle per year would have been within 18 hours of the solar year length. It may have been impossible to understand the calendar needed to be restored without gazing at the moon!
Sundial Shadow and Lunar Cycle Shift
- We know the records of the flood account confirm there were 150 days within a 5 month period – by means of 30 days per month.
- The lunar cycle would have been a perfect 30 days from YaHuWaH’s perfect creation. A lunar cycle of 27.3 or 29½ days per month does not link with any of YaHuWaH’s numbering system.
- Moon worship was well established among the pagans for a long time.
- Jericho was destroyed because it was a moon worshipping city.
- Sundial Miracle did affect the Lunar Cycle by reducing the lunar cycle from 30 days to 27.3 or 29½ days per cycle.
YaHuWaH altered the length of the lunar cycle at this time to separate the pagan month (and worship practices) from the beginning of His festal months!
Part 3: Secular Historical Records
Velikovsky and Wong document the calendar history of ancient civilizations.
YaHuWaH’s apostate people would have had these same challenges after 700 BC.
Historical Confirmation – Velikovsky (1950)
- Shows at the time of the Exodus, 30 different cultures had the same calendar of 12 months with exactly 30 days per month for a total of 360 days per year.
- These 30 world cultures were in an upheaval lasting about 50 years when the days of the month and year were in flux before settling down to a 365¼ day year and 29½ day lunar month.
- Velikovsky claims the historically recorded time of the calendar change period was from 725 – 675 BC.
- His theory is based on a near collision with a wandering planet-sized object which caused the earth to change its orbit slightly around the sun, thus the change in the calendar days. This also affected the moon’s circuit.
Historical Confirmation – Dale Wong (2006)
- Calculated the year of Hezekiah’s sundial sign to be 713 BC.
- He suggests that YaHuWaH actually moved the orbits of the earth and moon to accomplish this sign of moving the sundial shadow 10 degrees backward.
- (This is an alternative to the catastrophe these of Velikovsky.)
- However, both show the year change happened right around the same time, plus or minus a few years.
Facts where Velikovsky and Wong Agree
- 30 cultures around the world that used the 360 day year and 30 day month before 713 BC.
- (Remember, the Exodus was around 1450 BC.)
- Vedas of India had a 360-day year, and record the moon waxed for 15 days and waned for 15 days in a month. Also, the sun moved north 180 days and moved south 180 days per year. In a later period the Vedas record the year was reformed to 365.25 days per year.
- Ancient Persia had a 360-day calendar; later it was reformed to add 5 Gatha [prayer] days to the year length.
- Sumerians had the 360-day year and 30 day month.
- Babylonians adopted the Sumerian calendar. At the beginning of the 7th Century BC, Babylon added 5 days to the year.
- Assyria: Clay tablets from the royal library in Nineveh showed a 260 day year and 30 day month.
- Ancient Egypt: The Canopus Decree and Ebers papyrus calendar had the same 360-day year. The year change occurred in the 8th or 7th Century BC according to Plutarch and the book of Sothis adding 5 epagomena days to the year. (These were celebrated birthdays for 5 gods.)
What are Epagomenal Days?
- The Egyptian year was divided into twelve months of thirty days each, which means that each year was about five days short of the astronomical year. To compensate for this difference, five extra days were added to the year, called epagomenal days [or birthdays of five gods]. Because they were not part of the normal year created by the gods, the Egyptians regarded these days as particularly ominous, and texts have survived listing exactly what may and may not be done during this period. Even the addition of these five days did not solve the concurrence problem with the solar year, however, which lasts 365¼ days. As a result, the calendars shifted at a rate of 1 day every four years, and over time an important gap opened up between the real and the theoretical calendars. This meant that the lunation no longer occurred in the inundation season, and the warm season no longer in the summer. The two calendars only coincided again once every 1460 years. After an unsuccessful attempt to revise the calendar in the reign of Ptolemy III, this problem was eventually solved by the Romans by adding one leap day every four years to the Alexandrian calendar.
Facts where Velikovsky and Wong Agree continued
- Rome had a 360 day year at the time of Romulus.
- Mayans of Mexico – 360 days.
- Incas of Peru in Central and South America had 360 days and later added 5¼ days.
- China added 5 days called Khe-ying days.
- Polynesia – 360 days.
- Many religions around the world based their beliefs on the number 360, seeing it as a sacred number by naming gods, idols, temples, etc., one for each day of the year.
- The 360-degree circle and 360-degree compass in use all over the worlds is a remnant of the year length prior to the change when the year length was exactly 360 days.
Velikovsky also writes:
- “All over the world we find that there was at some time the same calendar of 360 days, and that at some later date, about the seventh century before the present ear, five days were added at the end of the year, a ‘days over the year’, or ‘days of nothing’.
Scholars who investigated the calendars of the Incas of Peru and the Mayas of Yucatan wondered at the calendar of 360 days; so did the scholars who studied the calendars of the Egyptians, Persians, Hindus, Chaldeans, Assyrians, Hebrews, Chinese, Greeks, or Romans.” Worlds in Collision p. 366.
The Mul-Apin tablets also prove Egypt had a 360 day year.
Part 4: From 700 – 400 BC
History from Hezekiah to Nehemiah
Keeping the events in order of date is very important for this study.
Hezekiah’s Sundial Shadow went back!
- Secular historical evidence is very supportive of a worldwide calendar using only 360 days per year.
- It took Ancient civilizations about 50 years to adapt their calendars to 365¼ days per year after the time of Hezekiah’s request for the sundial sign in approximately 700 BC.
- This event happened about 100 years before Judah’s captivity.
- Reasonable Assumption: One way for 5¼ days to be added to the 360 days per year calendar is for a giant heavenly body (such as an asteroid) to disrupt the sun’s movement. Magnetic pull could alter its usual orbit enough to enlarge the yearly circuit.
- No days of the week would have been lost, just an additional number of days would be added to the 360-day circuit.
Hezekiah used in a mighty way
- Hezekiah was a very good king and cleaned up the land from paganism in a grand way.
- Hezekiah’s reformation was annulled when his son Manasseh came to the throne for 55 years.
- As wicked a King Manasseh was, he did repent before he died.
- Unfortunately, the seeds of pagan worship (sun and moon gods) were again sown deep, lasting to the end of the Tanakh historical account – as will be shown.
Along with the sun and the planet Venus, the moon was worshipped as a cosmic god by many pagan nations of the ancient world. The moon was known as Sin [Seen] in Babylon and Assyria; Nanna in Sumer, and Yarih at Ugarit [Syria]. This last name is closely related to the Hebrew word for moon. While the worship of the moon and any other natural phenomenon was strictly forbidden among the Hebrews (Deut 4:19; 17:3), the evil King Manasseh [698 BC] established the cults of ‘all the host of heaven’, presumably including the moon, in the court of Solomon’s Temple (2 Kings 21:3-5). (From Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary)
Did King Manasseh not pay attention to these words?
Psalms 81:8-13 approx. 1000 BC
Psa 81:8 “Hear, O My people, and let Me warn you, O Yisra’ĕl, if you would listen to Me!
Psa 81:9 “Let there be no strange mighty one among you, And do not bow down to a foreign mighty one.
Psa 81:10 “I am יהוה your Elohim, Who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim; Open your mouth wide, and I fill it.
Psa 81:11 “But My people did not listen to My voice, And Yisra’ĕl would not submit to Me.
Psa 81:12 “So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart, To walk in their own counsels.
Psa 81:13 “O, if My people had listened to Me, Yisra’ĕl would walk in My ways,
Zephaniah Warns Judah! 630 BC
Zep 1:4 “And I shall stretch out My hand against Yehuḏah, and against all the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, and cut off every trace of Baʽal from this place, the names of the idolatrous priests, with the priests,
Zep 1:5 and those bowing down to the host of the heavens on the house-tops, and those bowing themselves, swearing by יהוה and swearing by Malkam;
Zep 1:6 and those who turn away from following יהוה, and who have not sought יהוה or inquired of Him.”
Zep 1:8 “And it shall be, in the day of the slaughter of יהוה, that I shall punish the rulers and the sons of the sovereign, and all such as are clad in foreign garments.
Jeremiah Warns Judah 629 BC
Jer 2:5 Thus said יהוה, “What unrighteousness have your fathers found in Me, that they have gone far from Me, and went after worthlessness, and became worthless?
Jer 2:7 “Then I brought you into a garden land, to eat its fruit and its goodness. But when you entered, you defiled My land and made My inheritance an abomination.
Jer 2:8 “The priests did not say, ‘Where is יהוה?’ And those who handle the Torah did not know Me, and the shepherds transgressed against Me, and the prophets prophesied by Baʽal, and walked after matters that did not profit.
Jer 2:9 “Therefore I still contend with you,” declares יהוה, “and with your children’s children I contend.
Judah’s Extra Warnings! Continued
Jer 2:11 “Has a nation changed its mighty ones, which are not mighty ones? But My people have changed My esteem for that which does not profit.
Jer 2:13 “For My people have done two evils: they have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, to hew out for themselves cisterns, cracked cisterns, which do not hold water.
Jer 2:17 “Have you not done this to yourself, by forsaking יהוה your Elohim when He led you in the way?
Jer 2:19 “Your own evil instructs you, and your backslidings reprove you. Know therefore and see that it is evil and bitter that you have forsaken יהוה your Elohim, and that My fear is not in you,” declares the Master יהוה of hosts.
Jer 2:20 “For of old you have broken your yoke and tore off your bonds. And you said, ‘I am not serving You,’ when on every high hill and under every green tree you lay down, a whore.
625 BC Josiah Purges the Land
Jer 6:16-17 counseled the people to stay with the Old Paths in approx. 612 BC
Jer 6:16 Thus said יהוה, “Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; and find rest for yourselves. But they said, ‘We do not walk in it.’
Jer 6:17 “And I raised up watchmen over you, and said, ‘Listen to the sound of the ram’s horn!’ But they said, ‘We do not listen.’
There will be consequences when Babylon arrives!
610 – 600 BC False Shepherds in Judah
595 – 593 BC Judah Weeping for Tammuz
More than 800 years earlier Moses had warned Yisra’El to not seek out other gods. Because they refused to listen, things just got worse!
2 Daughters from 1 Mother
Ezekiel 23 [593 BC]
Eze 23:2 “Son of man, there were two women, daughters of one mother.
Eze 23:3 “And they whored in Mitsrayim, they whored in their youth. There their breasts were handled, and there their maiden nipples were squeezed.
Aholah and Aholibah
Eze 23:4 “And their names were: Oholah the elder and Oholiḇah her sister. And they were Mine, and they bore sons and daughters. And their names: Shomeron is Oholah, and Yerushalayim is Oholiḇah.
- Aholah – Samaria [H168: her tent: as in an idolatrous sanctuary, not set up by YaHuWaH].
- Aholibah – Jerusalem [H168: tent: as in an idolatrous sanctuary, not set up by YaHuWaH].
- Aholibah – Jerusalem [H168: my tent: as this sanctuary was set up by YaHuWaH].
Aholah – Samaria
Eze 23:5 “And Oholah whored while she was Mine. And she lusted for her lovers, the neighboring Ashshurians,
Eze 23:7 “So she gave her whorings on them, all of them choice sons of Ashshur. And with all for whom she lusted, with all their idols, she defiled herself.
Eze 23:8 “And she did not forsake her whorings from Mitsrayim, for in her youth they had lain with her, and they squeezed her maiden nipples, and poured out their whorings on her.
Eze 23:9 “Therefore I have given her into the hand of her lovers, into the hand of the Ashshurians, for whom she lusted.
Aholibah – Jerusalem
Eze 23:11 “And her sister Oholiḇah saw this, yet she became more corrupt in her lust than she, and in her whorings more corrupt than her sister’s whorings.
Eze 23:12 “She lusted for the sons of Ashshur, officers and rulers, the ones near, perfectly dressed, horsemen riding on horses, all of them desirable young men.
Eze 23:13 “And I saw that she was defiled, they both took the same way.
Eze 23:14 “But she increased her whorings, and she looked at men carved on the wall, images of Chaldeans portrayed in red,
Eze 23:15 girded with belts around their loins, flowing turbans on their heads, all of them looking like officers, like the Baḇelians of Chaldea, the land of their birth.
Eze 23:16 “As soon as her eyes saw them, she lusted for them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea.
Eze 23:17 “And the Baḇelians came to her, into the bed of love, and they defiled her with their whorings. And she was defiled by them, and her being turned from them in disgust.
Eze 23:19 “And she increased her whorings, remembering the days of her youth, when she whored in the land of Mitsrayim.
Eze 23:22 “Therefore, Oholiḇah, thus said the Master יהוה, ‘See, I am stirring up your lovers against you, from whom your being turned in disgust, and shall bring them against you from every side:
Eze 23:23 the Baḇelians, and all the Chaldeans, Peqoḏ, and Showa, and Qowa, all the sons of Ashshur with them, all of them desirable young men, governors and rulers, officers and men of name, all of them riding on horses.
Will Judah Change?
Between Ezekiel 23 [in 593 BC] will the tribe of Judah change her ways by the time Malachi writes in 397 BC about her 200 years later?
Can a leopard change its spots? (Jer 13:23)
590 BC Pleas for Judah after 2nd Exile
585 BC Judah under 3rd Attack
Judah: Before, During and After Babylon
- Judah is carried off to Babylon about 100 years after the 360 day Creation Calendar needed to be adjusted.
- Pagan Babylon had long worshipped (1) the sun (coming up and going down), and (2) the moon, as well as, (3) other bodies in the heavens (which Yisra’El and YaHuWaH’s people today are commanded not to do).
- How reasonable is it to conclude that after Judah lodged in Babylon for 70 years, they came back to Jerusalem with many ‘traditions’?
- Would these traditions replace the divine requirement for the month commencement of the festivals from YaHuWaH’s Eternal Calendar calculation in exchange for the moon/month calculation of the pagans?
- Sighting the crescent moon happens near the setting of the sun.
- This factor alone shows how easy it was for Judah to completely accept and adapt to (1) ‘sunset’ beginning the new day, and the (2) ‘crescent moon’ beginning the new month. After all, this apostasy had been practiced for 800+ years since Joshua died.
Roland de Vaux, Ancient Israel, Vol. 1, p. 191-192:
- … compare the story of Josias’ reform (2 Kings 22-23 [in 641-642 BC] with that of the capture of Jerusalem (2 Kings 25 [599 BC]). Possibly, too, this was the time when they [Judah] began to reckon the day from evening to evening, and the months from the appearance of the new moon at sunset. All this points to the adoption of the Babylonian calendar and is explained by the historical circumstance that under Joiaqum, son of Josias, the kingdom of Judah became a vassal of Nebuchadnezzar.
Ezra Pleads for Judah
Ezra 9-10 Summary [458 – 456 BC]
- 1 The princes told Ezra the people of Yisra’El, priests, and Lewites, did not separate themselves from the pagans, doing according to their abominations, even of the Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Jebusites, Ammonites, Moabites, Egyptians, and the Amorites [a pagan nation].
- 2 They have taken daughters of ‘no gods’ for themselves, mingling holy seed with paganism.
- 3 Ezra rent his garment, plucked the hair off his head and beard, in astonishment till the evening.
- 5 – 15 Ezra speaks a prayer of confession, repentance for the iniquities are increased over their head yet again! They need forgiveness!
- 7 Since the days of our fathers, we have been in a great trespass unto this day; and for all these iniquities Judah was delivered into the hand of the pagan nations.
- 8 Ezra is grateful YaHuWaH has extended mercy and grace allowing a remnant to escape and return to Jerusalem. Ezra then asks YaHuWaH…
- 10 “What shall we say for we have forsaken thy commandments when You commanded us not to give our daughters unto pagan men, neither take pagan daughters for our sons?”
Ezra 9 Summary [80 years from captivity]
- 13 Ezra confesses the punishment for all the evil deeds, and great trespasses, was less than their iniquities deserve, yet YaHuWaH gave deliverance.
- 14 Ezra acknowledges if they should repeat this abomination with the pagan nations, YaHuWaH would have the right to be angry and consume them so that not a remnant could escape.
- 15 Ezra is thankful that YaHuWaH is righteous: for Judah has escaped. Now the people are standing before YaHuWaH in trespasses again, and they will not escape again.
Ezra 10 Summary
- 1 Now when Ezra had prayed, confessed, and wept, he cast himself down before YaHuWaH before a very great congregation of weeping men, women, and children.
- 2 The people agreed they have trespassed against YaHuWaH by taking strange wives.
- 3 A covenant was made by the people with YaHuWaH on that day, to put away all their strange wives. [For how long?]
Only 80 years have passed and the spots are still the same! (Jer 13:23)
457 BC Judah’s 2nd Return
Judah After the Exile
After 70 years of exile, did Judah change her ways with Ezra [458 BC] (80 years later) and/or Nehemiah [445 BC] (93 years later)?
Secular Historical Quotes
- Many quotes can be found in historical records in libraries or on the internet to support any kind of calculation for any festival calendar.
- That does not mean these quotes are divinely inspired or can be fully trusted.
- Secular historical quotes are important! However, not one quote should be used because it suits what we want to hear!
- We acknowledge these quotes only when they align with the history of Yisra’El and Judah in the Tanakh along with the Eternal Calendar in Torah.
Ancient Calendar History
Babylonian and Jewish Calendar History
Nehemiah Warns Judah 445 BC
Nehemiah 13 Summary [93 years since Babylon captivity]
- 15 Nehemiah witnessed Judah treading the winepresses, and selling all kinds of produce on Sabbath. Merchants were also selling their wares in Jerusalem on Sabbath.
- 17 Nehemiah confronted the leaders of Judah, “Why are you profaning the Sabbath in this evil way?” This was exactly what their ancestors had done, sending Judah into exile.
- 19 Nehemiah commanded from then on the gates of the city should be shut as darkness fell every Friday evening, not to be opened until the Sabbath ended to prevent further abomination with the pagan nations.
- 20 The merchants would be arrested if they came near the city wall.
- 23 Nehemiah also noted that some of the men of Judah had married women from Ashdod, Ammon, and Moab. He made them swear they would not let their children intermarry with the pagan people of the land, saying …
- 26 “That’s exactly how Solomon got into so much trouble?”
- 29 Nehemiah prays for forgiveness of the leaders defiling the priesthood and the promises and vows that were broken.
- 30 Next he purged out everything foreign to set things in order for obedience to the worship statutes and separation from pagan nations.
The patterns always repeat!
Did Judah change her spots yet?
435 – 397 BC Judah’s 3rd Return
Final Words from Malachi to Judah
Malachi 2 [397 BC]
Mal 2:1 “And now, O priests, this command is for you.
Mal 2:2 “If you do not hear, and if you do not take it to heart, to give esteem to My Name,” said יהוה of hosts, “I shall send a curse upon you, and I shall curse your blessings. And indeed, I have cursed them, because you do not take it to heart.
Mal 2:8 “But you, you have turned from the way [H1870], you have caused many to stumble in the Torah. You have corrupted the covenant of Lĕwi,” said יהוה of hosts.
Way – H1870: Derek – a serious search reveals that this word pertains to the yearly cycles of YaHuWaH’s Worship Moedim.
Malachi tells us that Judah has rejected to Moedim of YaHuWaH and has sought after their own understanding.
(Keep this in mind to compare to the definition of ‘lawgiver’ H2710)
Spiritual Adultery of Judah!
Malachi 2 [140 years since Babylon captivity]
Mal 2:9 “And I also, I shall make you despised and low before all the people, because you are not guarding My ways, and are showing partiality in the Torah.”
Mal 2:11 Yehuḏah has acted treacherously, and an abomination has been done in Yisra’ĕl and in Yerushalayim, for Yehuḏah has profaned what is set-apart to יהוה – which He had loved – and has married the daughter of a foreign mighty one. [In 397 BC]
Judah rejected YaHuWaH’s Covenant Way of Life! What direction did Judah take? The Lunar calendar of the 2nd Temple era? This is fully documented!
Judah, the Tribe (Tanakh)
Judah had many troubles before and after Babylon, violating many Torah Truths. What are the answers to the following questions with regards to the Eternal Calendar? How did Judah…
- depart out of the way?
- cause many to stumble at the law?
- deal treacherously?
- become an abomination?
- profane the holiness of YaHuWaH?
- marry the daughter[s] of a strange god?
- What did Judah bring back from Babylon as far as ‘Calendar’ is concerned?
Answer: The Babylonian Calendar?!
In the Tanakh, Judah gave prominence to the moon over the Eternal Calendar. Would that be classed as worship? Matt 23:15 has some answers.
Words from Kind Dawid?
Psalms 106:34-39 approx. 1000 BC
Psa 106:35 But mixed with the gentiles and learned their works,
Psa 106:36 And served their idols, and they became a snare to them.
Psa 106:37 And they slaughtered their sons and their daughters to demons,
Psa 106:38 And they shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they offered to the idols of Kenaʽan; and the land was defiled with blood.
Psa 106:39 So they became unclean by their own works, and went whoring by their own deeds.
Psa 106:40 And the wrath of יהוה burned against His people, and He loathed His own inheritance.
Psa 106:41 Then He gave them into the hand of the gentiles, and those who hated them ruled over them.
Upon return to Jerusalem Judah’s leaders placed a curse on the Daniel 9 timelines that point to the arrival of the Messiah.
Does their own declaration of a curse, by default, cause them to facilitate the removal of the calendar keys?
Some thoughts to ponder
- Every choice has a consequence.
- A mistake repeated more than once is a decision.
- You are free to make whatever choice you want, but you are not free from the consequences of the choice.
Consequences by Default?!
Many poor choices by the leaders (in the Tanakh) tampered with or removed many of YaHuWaH’s Keys to the Kingdom!
Who tampered with the Eternal Calendar Keys?
Everything points to JUDAH in the Tanakh!
Part 5: Brit Chadashah Era
- Judah the Tribe
- Judas the Betrayer
Judah, the Tribe (Brit Chadashah)
- The Sundial Miracle of 700 BC should have been a sign to apostate Judah to return to the Old Paths [The Way] of the Eternal Calendar.
- The pagan moon-month contains less days than YaHuWaH’s festal month compromising all festival worship statutes.
- Many prophets continually beckoned Judah to forsake the homage of Baal, Ashtoreth, pagan festivals, and calendars.
If Judah would have restored the Eternal Calendar, is there a chance the people would have been given the knowledge of how to count out the Daniel 9 timelines to recognize the Messiah?
Scribes, Pharisees, Hypocrites!
- These leaders of Judah did not stay true to the written instructions of YaHuWaH – especially for His Eternal Calendar. They erroneously professed authority to calculate the timing for the festival worship statutes.
- Judah’s leaders used instructions from the Mishnah (the oral law in Judaism), as opposed to the written Torah, or the Mosaic Law. The Mishnah also laid a multitude of burdens on the people (Matt 23:4).
- The Mishnah was collected and committed to writing about 200 AD and forms part of the Talmud.
- At the end of Yahusha’s ministry, He exposed the atrocious intentions of these leasers to the people while staying true to His Eternal Calendar through His actions, miracles, and parables.
- The Matthew 23 teaching was given on Monday Abib 12. It was the last time that Yahusha addressed the crowds in Jerusalem before the stake.
- This was the most important day of teaching since He rode into Jerusalem for the Triumphal Entry on Abib 10th.
- Luke 21:38 …in the day time he was teaching in the temple; and at night he went out [of the city] …
Matthew 23:13 Shutting up the Kingdom
- In Matthew 23, Yahusha speaks to the multitudes in the hearing of the scribes and Pharisees.
- In verse 13 He begins to address the leaders with many ‘woes’.
- But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for your neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in.
Removing the Key of Knowledge
- These leaders, who should be unlocking the meaning of YaHuWaH’s Word, are instead taking away the opportunity for people to know and understand it.
- Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for you have taken away the key of knowledge: you entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in you hindered.
- “A key is made to open a lock or door. By their false interpretation of the Tanakh, they had taken away the true key or method of understanding it. They had hindered the people from understanding at aright … If there is any sin of special magnitude, it is that of keeping the people in ignorance.’ (Barnes’ Notes)
What is the ‘key’ for understanding the truth of YaHuWaH’s Calendar?
The night of Abib 12th
- Disciple Judas (Greek for Judah), decided to carry out his plan with the chief priests and
Judas, the Betrayer
- Judas [Judah] Iscariot was the only disciple from Judea (Qeriyoth).
- (Kerioth: A town in the south of Judea (Josh 15:25) about 10 miles south of Hebron. Judas was probably a native of this place, hence his name Iscariot.)
- The original 11 disciples were from Galilee. The people living in the land of Galilee spoke (lived) out YaHuWaH’s Word in truth! That is why the Galileans were hated and despised by Judah!
- Judas was ‘chosen’ by Yahusha, knowing he had a devil.
- John 6:70-71 Yahusha answered them, have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? He spoke unto Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.
- Judas was a thief:
- John 12:6 This he [Judas] said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
- Judas gave surety to the Priests that he would deliver Yahusha:
- Luke 22:4 And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him [Yahusha] unto them.
- Judah likely followed Yahusha expecting to derive earthly advantage from the establishment of His Kingdom. MOST JEWS were SEEKING a MESSIAH as their PHYSICAL KING.
- Judas betrayed Yahusha for 30 pieces of silver severing himself from Yahusha:
- Matthew 26:15 And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.
- Both Judas and the tribe of Judah (Judea) clamored for Yahusha’s impalement shedding innocent blood:
- Mark 14:64 And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.
- Matthew 27:25 … all the people said, His blood be on us, and our children.
- Judas can be portrayed as a personification of the Jewish people with no intent to follow Torah’s calendar. Both had a lust for money and were influenced by Satan.
- Matthew 23:28 (outward righteous appearance; but full of hypocrisy and iniquity).
Is there a pattern between Judas and Judah that needs to be acknowledged?
Revelation’s Prophetic Insight
Can Judah ever change her ways?
Part 6: Geographical Investigation
Galilee in Comparison to Naphtali and Zebulun
What does Galilee, Naphtali, and Zebulun have to do with Judah and the Eternal Calendar?
Does Judah have special regard?
Some say Judah is special because of these verses:
- Psalms 60:7 “Judah is my lawgiver” (Also see Psalms 108:8)
- Genesis 49:10 “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.”
What does this mean – Judah is ‘my’ lawgiver?
- Is Judah supposed to teach and give YaHuWaH’s laws to the people?
- Is Judah allowed to press her own set of laws upon the people?
- What have most people been taught about Judah’s authority?
Usual Answer: Judah is the lawgiver!
- Yahusha was the first ‘Lawgiver’, ‘law dispenser’, and the first to engrave His laws on stone. H2710 connects to H1870 – ‘the way’, the yearly cycles of YaHuWaH’s Worship Moedim.
- The word for lawgiver can also mean to be a scribe, to decree, to appoint, to describe, to prescribe, or print ACCURATELY (laws already made). The copying of YaHuWaH’s Laws were to be done with a high degree of accuracy.
- Only Judah was delegated to DELINEATE YaHuWaH’s Torah.
YaHuWaH, the Original Lawgiver!
- For YaHuWaH is our judge, YaHuWaH is our lawgiver, YaHuWaH is our king; he will save us.
Some information around Galilee will help to solve this puzzle about Judah.
Another Definition for Lawgiver!
What is Barnes’ meaning of Genesis 49:10 and Psalms 60:2 that Judah is my lawgiver?
(Barnes’ Notes for Genesis 49)
- “Lawgiver is to be understood as judge, dispenser, or administrator of law. Judah had the forerank among the tribes in the wilderness, and never altogether lost it. Nahshon the son of Amminadab, the prince of his tribe, was the ancestor of Dawid, who was anointed as the rightful sovereign of all Yisra’El, and in whom the throne became hereditary.
Consider: Judah was NEVER to be the creator or adjuster of the law! Judah has created her own laws placing herself in the position of a god usurping Another’s authority. Satan is the father of this action.
Isaiah 9 + 700 Years = Matthew 4
|Isaiah 9:2||Matthew 4:16|
|The people that walked in darkness [in Galilee vs 1] have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.||The people which sat in darkness [in Galilee vs 15] saw great light: and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death, light is sprung up.|
What does this information have to do with Keys for the Eternal Calendar?
The ‘Light’ and the Lawgiver are both from Galilee.
- Most of Yahusha’s ministry was in Galilee – not Judea!
- He would have taught the people the light of Torah truths.
- This was a c conflict for the leaders in Judea with their many burdensome regulations.
- Yahusha, as Creator, originally ordained the Eternal Calendar as recorded by Moses.
- Yahusha honored the worship statutes of His Eternal Calendar through His actions.
Is there any secular historical evidence?
Part 7: Before and After 70 AD
Paul and the Christian Connection to Galilee
What does Galilee have to do with Paul and the Christians, 7- AD, and the Eternal Calendar?
Torah Truths preserved to 70 AD
- Torah truths, including the Eternal Calendar, were preserved and held dear in Galilee with Yahusha and His 11 disciples.
- After the stake, Paul and the apostles were Yahusha’s messengers to take these truths to the world.
- They honored the weekly and annual worship statutes following Yahusha as their example.
- The believers were known as Nazoraeans derived from the fact that Yahusha was known to come from Nazareth.
- They left Jerusalem prior to the 70 AD destruction.
- Acts 24:5-6 [60 AD] For we have found this man [Paul] a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes: Who also hath gone about to profane the temple.
Testimony of Epiphaneus
Who are the Nazoraeans?
- Used both the Tanakh and the Brit Chadashah.
- Did not repudiate ‘the legislation’ defined as The Torah (all commands of YaHuWaH).
- Confessed everything exactly as the Torah proclaimed it.
- They were different from unbelieving Jews in the 1st century and different from the Christians of Epiphaneus’ day. (Note: These unbelieving Jews are not the Khazarian Jews of today.)
The Nazoraeans around 70 AD
- Prior to the destruction of Jerusalem, the Nazoraeans moved across the Jordan River to 10 cities in the region of the Decapolis.
- All the disciples settled in the town of Pella after they abandoned the city of Jerusalem before the siege.
- Some moved to the province of Perea and spent their lives there.
- This is how the Nazoraean sect began.
- This group of believers were known as the ‘Jew’s enemies’.
Testimony of Edward Gibbon
The Nazoraeans First 1000 Years
- The first 15 bishops of Jerusalem were all Jewish followers of Yahusha.
- They united the Law of Moses with the teachings of Yahusha.
- Gradually over time, the Nazoraeans were overwhelmed by pagans who were becoming part of the church. (Remember which gods were worshipped by the pagans!)
- The Nazoraeans moved to Pella, beyond Jordan and soon were forbidden to re-enter Jerusalem.
- Marcus became the first Gentile bishop of Jerusalem.
- At his persuasion, the majority of the congregation renounced the Mosaic Law which they had adhered to for over 100 years.
- This was the only way for them to have permission to re-enter Jerusalem!
Would this include renouncing the Eternal Calendar?
Constantine and Hillel
The Birth of the Modern Jewish Calendar
The Hillel II calendar was intended to be used by those in the ‘dispersion’.
- Constantine allowed Hillel to institute a worship calendar for the Jews so they could calculate the festal worship statutes for themselves.
- Hillel’s festal calendar holds to:
- The sunset day commencement and
- The moon month as the two main components for calendar calculation.
Hillel II, president of the Sanhedrin, had a calendar designed for the Jews by 359 AD.
But, what happened to YaHuWaH’s Torah and statutes for determining the Moedim?
Was it tossed into the trash barrel and burned?
Most of us have been taught ‘the Jews ought to know…
- Everything about YaHuWaH’s Calendar instructions. Why? Because we are told they were ‘the keepers of the Holy Oracles’.
- The reasoning is: There is only one weekly Sabbath day; and the Jews have the right day because they ought to know!
- Therefore the assumption is made the Jews also have the calendar calculations correct.
The truth is, the Jews have counterfeit calendar keys!
Who are Judah’s followers today?
Judah has many followers promoting her counterfeit calendar(s) using the sunset day-start; months commencing with the moon; lunar sabbaths; Equilux or other counterfeit year commencements, plus everything in between. Some of these followers are:
- Messianic and Orthodox Jews
- Hebrew Roots Movements
- Protestant Sabbath Feast Keepers
All fingers hold Judah accountable … the very entity that was supposed to be the keepers and teachers of the holy oracles … yet they have done many abominable things.
There is Good News!
- Yahusha’s Calendar Keys have been found for the Bride.
- The truths of the Eternal Calendar are contained in the Torah.