YaHuWaH’s Covenant To Abram
After Genesis 1 – Genesis 15 – Abram’s Covenant with YaHuWaH – Blessing to All Nations – is the next Bible Testimony for the day commencement.
- The only true way to search the Scriptures is to lay down every prejudice, every preconceived opinion, at the very door of investigation, and then enter into the work with an eye single to the glory of YaHuWaH, with an understanding open to conviction, and a heart softened to believe what YaHuWaH says to you.
Requirements for Calendar Studies
- Learn to read the content of the Scriptures very carefully.
- Learn to read in context.
- Learn to pay attention to grammar.
- Learn to keep the events of these Bible stories in order, according to the order of the verses.
- Learn to use our logic and common sense more than ever before.
- Remember: There is not one idle word in Scripture – that everything is written according to Divine Inspiration, and for the edification of truth.
- Learn how to use the Hebrew (and Greek) definitions properly, and consistently.
- Expect (and insist) to establish at least 2 to 3 firm witnesses to establish this new truth.
- Expect the “sunset tradition” to be clearly exposed for the darkness that it represents.
- Understand there is a fuller restoration of all “Sabbaths” according to the Torah, the Prophets, and our Messiah Yahusha.
Scriptural Order [or] Babylon’s Confusion?
1 Co 14:33 For YaHuWaH is not the author of confusion (KJV)
- Confusion – Strong’s; NT:181 from NT:182; instability, i.e. disorder: KJV –commotion, confusion, tumult.
In other words… YaHuWaH is the author of ORDER!
- This study will provide a very strict comparison between order and confusion with the use of charts. Will Babylon’s confusion be exposed and become extremely evident?
Guidelines for Covenants
Genesis 15 is a study on when the day begins, but it also has components for YaHuWaH’s covenant between Himself and Abram. Watch for these points:
- Proposal [by YaHuWaH]
- Acceptance [Abram]
- Blood ratification [Abram’s portion; YaHuWaH’s portion]
- Covenant Confirming Meal [Is there one in this study?]
Genesis 15 links to the exact day of the Exodus 12 Passover 400/430 years later. These two great testimonies occur on the 14th day of the 1st month.
Why is Genesis 15 so Important?
Abram’s seed did end up in the strange land of Egypt. In the Exodus 12 account Abram’s seed was delivered from bondage on the exact same day 400 (or 430) years later.
That day is knows as Passover – the same day YaHuWaH’s promise was fulfilled to Abram and his posterity. Therefore, YaHuWaH’s Covenant with Abram in Gen 15 (through the day and the night) was Abib 14, Passover.
Many are now asking, “When does YaHuWaH’s Day Begin?”
Can you REALLY explain this using Bible testimonies?
Using Gen 1:5, many Sabbath Keepers have come to the conclusion that the last 10 words in this verse: “and the evening and the morning were the first day” determine the beginning of every new day.
Is this your thinking, your conviction? Many assume, based on tradition, that evening is the same event as sunset which is where each new day begins.
Do you believe this?
Can this be proven from Scripture with at least 2 to 3 witnesses?
Through the Gen 15 study with Abram and YaHuWaH’s Covenant, we will see how this traditional teaching is actually not Biblical.
Let’s not be SURPRISED?
It is Time For Some Serious Research!
Remember: We must be fair and first look at the evidence from the Scriptures and history. After that a decision can be made. Also remember:
- We can’t go by tradition,
- Or the opinions of man,
- Or by the way we have been taught.
- We must lay down every prejudice.
Scripture clearly reveals when the day begins.
It is neither midnight nor sunset!
- The Roman Calendar begins a new day at “midnight” – the very darkest part of the 24 hour cycle, on the Roman calendar day.
- The Jewish reckoning begins a new 24 hour calendar day at “sunset” according to what they have honored for centuries (this is just before the evening/night phases begin). Most have been convinced the Jews have been admirable keepers of YaHuWaH’s oracles (Rom 3:1-2) including the commencement of all weekly and annual Sabbaths.
- Some Sabbath Keepers started out reckoning the beginning of Sabbath at 6 PM on Friday (whether there was a sunset or not).
- Will YaHuWaH’s instructions in His inspired Word agree with any of these options?
Most people likely think:
“Does it really matter how one calculates the beginning of a new day?”
- To the majority of the world, it certainly doesn’t matter.
- To the lukewarm Christians it doesn’t seem to matter.
- To those who search the Scriptures for truth it DOES matter when the Sabbath begins.
- To our Creator it matters a LOT! He has not written any idle words in Scripture.
What do you think?
Scripture must provide the truth! Therefore, consideration will be given to the Hebrew definitions of “evening” – (H6153).
- The 1st Hebrew meaning of “evening” is DUSK = that is AFTER sunset!
- The 2nd Hebrew meaning of “evening” is DAY – that is way BEFORE sunset!
- The 3rd Hebrew meaning of “evening” is TWILIGHT – about the same as dusk!
- The 4th Hebrew meaning of “evening” is NIGHT!
NOW WHAT? Sunset is NOT one of the definitions!
What is Sunset?
Sunset is a moment of time in the evening when the sun begins to fall below the horizon. The sun can no longer be seen with the physical eye. The time between sunset and night is called dusk or twilight, which is a mixing of light and darkness.
What is Sunrise?
Sunrise occurs for only an instant, the moment at which the upper limb of the sun appears tangent to the horizon. However, the term sunrise commonly refers to periods of time both before and after this point. Twilight, the period in the morning during which the sky has light but the sun is not yet visible, is called dawn – another mixing of light and darkness.
A Good Berean Will Search
There are many examples in the Scriptures to support every new day begins with Dawn twilight. This study will carefully examine the Gen 15 testimony.
Examine ALL the Evidence!
In Gen 15 [vs 1-4] YaHuWaH tells Abram in a vision there is nothing to fear; he will be protected like a shield. Then [vs 5] Abram was taken outside and told to count the stars, with the promise “so shall thy seed be.” Next [vs 9-10] Abram receives the command and agrees to a formal treaty contract, which consisted of a certain selection of animals and birds, to be prepared in a specific manner.
Abram’s Part of the Covenant During the Day Season
Gen 15:9 And He said to him, “Bring Me a three-year-old heifer, and a three-year-old female goat, and a three-year-old ram, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.”
Gen 15:10 And he took all these to Him and cut them in the middle, and placed each half opposite the other, but he did not cut the birds.
Sacrifices Prepared During Daylight Hours
When one studies carefully other Scriptures (Exo 12), the discovery is made that this covenant between YaHuWaH and Abram was made during the start of the Biblical year, more specifically on the 14th day of the 1st month – Passover.
Abram prepared five sacrifices, likely for the set time of the evening sacrifice. While Abram was waiting for YaHuWaH to fulfill His part of the covenant agreement, birds of prey hovered continually over the sacrifices (vs 11) indicating this was indeed the Daylight Season.
Gen 15:11 And the birds of prey came down on the carcasses, and Aḇram drove them away.
Note: It was not yet dark as the birds had not gone to roost yet.
Abram Falls Into A Deep Sleep
Then in Gen 15:12 it states:
And it came to be, when the sun was going down, and a deep sleep fell upon Aḇram, that see, a frightening great darkness fell upon him.
Question: Did Abib 14 change to Abib 15 when the sun was going down or went down?
Abram Received A Vision
…. telling him that his descendants would be foreigners and immigrants in a land that does not belong to them for 400/430 long years. After that YaHuWaH will judge the nations and bring his offspring forth with much wealth.
Gen 15:13 And He said to Aḇram, “Know for certain that your seed are to be sojourners in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them, and they shall afflict them four hundred years.
Gen 15:14 “But the nation whom they serve I am going to judge, and afterward let them come out with great possessions.
Gen 15:15 “Now as for you, you are to go to your fathers in peace, you are to be buried at a good old age.
Gen 15:16 “Then, in the fourth generation they shall return here, for the crookedness of the Amorites is not yet complete.”
YaHuWaH’s Part of the Covenant During the Night Season
Then in Gen 15:17 YaHuWaH completes the covenant, for it states …
And it came to be, when the sun went down and it was dark, that see, a smoking oven and a burning torch passing between those pieces.
Now it was definitely dark!
Question: Is it Abib 15 now?
Two Parties In This Covenant
This was the two part covenant (agreement):
- One Part (Abram’s) performed during the Light Season (Abib 14).
- One Part (YaHuWaH’s) performed during the Night Season (Abib ??).
- Was Abram’s portion on Abib 14? … and
- YaHuWaH’s portion on Abib 14 or 15?
The Answer Is Found In:
Gen 15:18 On the same day YaHuWaH made a covenant with Aḇram, saying, “I have given this land to your seed …
This two part covenant took place on the SAME (24 hour cycle) DAY (Abib 14); not over a period of 2 days. This proves the night following the evening sacrifices was part of the same 24 hour cycle.
Abib 14 did not change to Abib 15 at sunset.
Will the events of Gen 15 tell the same story using Sunset Theory for the day start?
In Sunset Chart #1 the events are out of order when kept on the 14th day!
When using Sunset Theory what happens when the events are kept IN order?
In Sunset Chart #2 the events are kept in order beginning with Abib 14 Day Season …
… But this covenant agreement between YaHuWaH and Abram is no longer on the SAME DAY!
No matter what, Sunset Theory is a FALSE DOCTRINE!
1 Th 5:21 prove them all. Hold fast what is good.
YaHuWaH’s commencement of the day at DAWN twilight is the only option that keeps all of the events in order and seals YaHuWaH’s covenant with Abram on the SAME DAY!